PDA

View Full Version : Will a one-year old enjoy kettler?

CBB
02-10-2005, 12:06 AM
All these kettler posts are making me kettler-envy. I'm trying to decide what to get for DD's 1st birthday. I can't imagine her riding on a kettler at her age. I would get the push-bar and seatbelt of course. But does a one-year-old really enjoy kettler?

Thanks!

DDowning
02-10-2005, 05:07 AM
I think she will. You'll find many moms here who purchased a kettler for their DC's 1st birthday. He loves it! In addition to the pushbar and seatbelt, i would also suggest the footrest. Also the little bell is a huge hit. I just have to say "Briing-Briing" and he'll automatically pull the button to make the bell sound.

I've attached a couple of pictures of C when he turned 1 riding his right after we gave it to him. I've of course purchased a helmet and make him wear shoes since then.

HTH!

amp
02-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Yes. My DS got a TRU Kettler (Kiddio Supertrike 4) last year when he was 10 mths old. He loved it! He rode it constantly when we would take neighborhood walks. The pushbar is what makes it possible because they can ride even though they can't peddle. And the nice seat is big enough that along with the seatbelt, I never worried about DS being stable and safe up there. Of course, as I mentioned above, we bought the more affordable version at TRU and have been completely happy with it. If I had it to do over again, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It has been well worth the money for us!

zuzu
02-10-2005, 09:25 AM
With the seatbelt, pushbar and footrest, it worked really well at that age, and Sarah loved it! She loved ringing the bell too. Sarah didn't walk until she was 14 months, so this was a great way for her to get around the neighborhood without being carried or pushed in a stroller. We knew we were going to get one eventually, so we got one in the first co-op, early last year.

Some pictures from last spring (before we found her a helmet):

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21337.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21339.jpg

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

steph2003
02-10-2005, 09:48 AM
oh Deidra I just had to post that 2nd picture is priceless! it looks like he is sticking his tongue out saying nah, nah - lookee what I'm riding :)

We too got our son a Kettler for his 1st year birthday!

khakismom
02-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Melissa, those pictures of Sarah are priceless! She is SO adorable, and looks so happy on her trike! :)

(And Ellen had those same Preschoolians in the first picture--they were seriously her favorite shoes!!)

CBB
02-10-2005, 12:22 PM
Carson is soooo ADORABLE!! Love the second picture!! Thank you so much for sharing.

CBB
02-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Melissa, Sarah is soooo cute!! Thanks for sharing! Jasmine has the same Hanna outfit in the second picture. It was the only Hanna outfit I ever liked. She only wore it once before the weather got cold ;( . I bought it in size 70, wonder if it would still fit this spring.

zuzu
02-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Thanks, Maureen! She has been loving the warmer weather lately because she gets to ride (and now push) it again.

Sarah loved these shoes too. We also have the purple in the next largest size, and they are just starting to get snug. :(

zuzu
02-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the sweet compliment! Sarah lived in that outfit last summer. It seemed to run really big (that was a 70 in the picture) so maybe it will still fit Jasmine. I see it from time to time on eBay, so maybe you could find an 80 there, if you wanted.

DDowning
02-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Thank you both! I love that picture too - I have it as my wallpaper for my computer background. It makes me smile everytime I log on :)

squimp
02-10-2005, 06:43 PM
DD loves being pushed on her little tikes plastic car. But I can only bend over to do it for so long! So I'd like to have a trike that she can use for several years.

The Kiddio Supertrike 4 by Kettler looks great, and it's $80. It has air tires, a pushbar, seatbelt, tipping bucket and hand brake. I am trying to figure out why I would want to spend twice this.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005KBVE/qid=1108078231/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl21/002-0094992-6256846?v=glance&s=toys&n=507846

eb1
02-11-2005, 08:12 AM
I hope the original poster will answer if I get this wrong, but I think the main difference is that model lacks the parental steering lock and freewheeling features. Whether those features are worth $100 or so to you, I don't know! :)

aim
02-11-2005, 10:01 AM
My Parents got DS a Kettler for his first b-day (in Jan) I thought that we would wait until spring to use it (that he would not be interested or that we would have to wait until we were outside - well, it now lives in our living room and we push him around the house on it several times a day (we have hardwood floors so it is very easy) - he also loves putting things in the bucket at hte back - it has been quite the hitevery day since his b-day

Amy
DS Bennett 1-14-04