PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price High Chair vs. Baby Trends High Chair

JEB1
02-11-2005, 12:11 PM
We are looking at two high chairs, and I'm hoping someone can help lean us one way or the other!

The first one is the Fisher Price Linkadoos Healthy Care Deluxe Plus high chair. The other one is the Baby Trends Trend Breckenridge high chair.

Re: the Fisher Price -- I like the fact that the seat cushion seems more washable than the Baby Trends cushion...and I like the fact that it comes with multiple dishwasher-safe tray inserts that fit into the dishwasher easily, size-wise, so you can be using one while you're washing another. However, the high chair itself doesn't feel as sturdy as I would like. It's very plastic-y. That's my main concern with this chair. As for all the other bells and whistles (baskets on the side, teethers hanging from the tray, etc...I don't really care either way about those.)

Re: The Baby Trends chair -- This high chair feels much sturdier to me than the Fisher Price. However, the things that bother me about this chair are that the cushion doesn't sound very washable...and I read a few comments about people having problems with the "fit" of the highchair with their child...maybe the tray didn't fit tight enough to the child's body??? Also, there is only one dishwasher-safe tray insert included and it is much larger than the Fisher Price tray, making me wonder if I'll have problems fitting it in my dishwasher. However, I'm still attracted to this chair because of its sturdier feel.

Can anyone give me any feedback either way as to which chair to go with...or not to go with?

Thanks!

jess_g
02-11-2005, 02:24 PM
I have had the Baby Trends high chair for about a year now for my son and I love it. THe seat cover is washable (its fabric and comes off) and you can wipe down the vinyl on the inside of the chair too. It has a recline which I found is very important as my son sometimes falls asleep in the high chair in one of the reclined postions. I have not compared it with the Fisher Price high chair so I can't compare for you but I think they sell both at BRU so you could go there and check them both out side by side to decide.

Hope this helps,

Jessica.

lilycat88
02-11-2005, 02:48 PM
We have the FP Healthy Care Deluxe but not he Linkadoos. We love it. I think the version we got came from Target...blue plaid with an elephant, I think, on the back rest. A fabric cover would drive me crazy. If we have a particulary messy meal, I just spray the chair down with a general cleaner and wipe clean. I don't have time to take it off and wash it. You could look at some of the other versions of the FPHCD. We decided against the Linkadoos one because of the white straps. I don't care how quickly you get those things off and wash them, they are bound to end up with carrot (insert your favorite yellow or blue fruit/veggie here) stains on them.

I just looked at the BRU website. We have the "Best Friends" print and it says it's not available.

whittyanne
02-11-2005, 03:29 PM
We have the Baby Trend Breckinridge and I hate it. The seat fell apart after only a few washings and they had to send me a new one. I try and wipe it down more than I wash it for fear of this one falling apart too.

Also - when I have the tray fully on, DS still spills a lot of food down. And he's a big boy. Yet, when he's in a Peg Perego Prima Pappa (at a friend's house), the food never drops down the way it does on ours.

The BT tray top does pop out and fit ok in our dishwasher - you have to put it on the side and with the rounded top up, but it does fit... I supposed if you have a d/w that's on the smaller side, you might have a problem.

Good luck!

jlcana
02-11-2005, 03:45 PM
We have the same chair and love it! We've had ours for about 2.5 years and it is still perfect! DS refuses to sit in a booster in one of our regular chairs, so we just lowered the chair to the #2 position-fits right under our kitchen table.

If the FP can survive DS jumping up and down countless times and hanging off it on all sides, it can survive anything. We're buying another one for DS 2!

Lisa
Christopher 3/18/02
Andrew 9/28/04