PDA

View Full Version : Eek!! Just bought the Kettler!!

new_mommy25
02-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Erin, thanks so much for all the work you put into this. I just got off the phone with the company this morning. The woman who helped me was super friendly and helpful.

I got:
Kettler Air Navigator
bell
basket
seatbelt
footrest

My order came to $265.72. That's with $50 priority shipping to Hawaii. It seems expensive but considering that most sites won't even consider shipping to Hawaii I am thrilled. I was going to have it shipped to my dads house in Cali and pick it up in June but I don't want to wait!

I know I went on and on about the Air Jumbo but ultimatly I went with the Navigator. The only reason is because I can put the tandem seat on and I really wanted that option. It was hard because I wanted the handbrake too for when Noah is older so I really hope I made the right decision. My deciding factor was when I was little all I had was the red Radio Flyer trikes and they didn't come with a brake so I think Noah can live without it.

Thanks again Erin!!!

eb1
02-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Angie, I just emailed you, so ignore that! I'm glad the store was able to help you, and that seems like a good deal for priority shipping to Hawaii. :)

Like you, I flip-flopped a lot between the Air Jumbo and Air Navigator but ultimately ordered the Air Navigator. I can't believe how much I agonized over the decision. I would have liked the handbrake but oh well. I spoke with Kettler about the handbrake and they said it was implemented because of a European requirement for for trikes that "freewheel" but that now Kettler has a new system on the trikes where back-pedaling slows the child down enough that the handbrake is not required (and apparently only Kettler has this system and has had it approved). He also said it depends some on the terrain the trike will be ridden on, whether it's flat (less need for a handbrake) or steep. (But who is going to let their toddler zoom alone down a long, steep incline on a tricycle??) Honestly, it was a little over my head, but I figured Kettler wouldn't get rid of the handbrakes unless they felt the trikes were still pretty safe without them. And as I posted somewhere else, I don't want my toddler drag-racing on this thing anyway; it's a tricycle! :)

Congratulations on your purchase!

Toba
02-11-2005, 06:05 PM
We just got our Air Navigator yesterday and the bell, seatbelt, footrest and Bell Boomerang helmet today. I really, really like it. I also agonized over the rear wheels/handbrake but the vendor I bought it from said that kids tend to use their feet when wanting to brake on a trike anyway (which made sense). Noah has only ridden on it in the house (it's for his birthday next month, so he's not allowed to really play with it yet!), so I can't wait to try it outside!

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

mommyj_2
02-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Yay! I just decided to get the Air Navigator, too. I was going to get an Air Jumbo, but (like you) decided I wanted the tandem option. I have a gift certificate from a local store, so I'm using that to get the accessories, but I'm totally excited to get 10% off on the trike.
I think the no hand brake should be fine. I remember my bike as a kid didn't have hand brakes.
Thanks, Erin.

Toba
02-11-2005, 07:06 PM
I can't tell you how better you guys have made me feel after two weeks of hemming and hawing over the Air Jumbo and the Air Navigator! I'm so glad other mommies felt the same way I did about the AN!!

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

yellowdogmom
02-11-2005, 07:24 PM
It looks like I'm the only one that went for the Air Jumbo!
I also agonized over the decision, but I decided the rear steering wasn't worth the extra $ for us and we do ahev some inclines in our neighborhood - so a hand brake might be useful once DS is big enough to learn how to use it. Hmmm...such a tough decision, though...now I'm 2nd guessing myself!

:) Kristin
Mom to Theo, born 1/12/2004 in Korea ~ home forever 7/6/2004
and Morgan the yellow lab

new_mommy25
02-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Kristin, I think I would have been happy with either one so please don't second guess yourself :) The Navigator was $19 off with the discount and comes with a push bar so I felt the price kinda evened out.