PDA

View Full Version : leapfrog learning table

adventres
02-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Hi,

I am thinking of purchasing the learning table. Is it worth it?

Lisa

Maya is 9 months today!

youngmommy
02-13-2005, 02:24 PM
BS"D

My 8 and 1/2 month old loves it. There are alot of moms around here who prefer wooden toys, as do I, but I really think this one is not so bad. (I keep it on the lower volume setting.) DD is learning how to pull up on it, and she loves to practice standing next to it.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21466.jpg

Judegirl
02-13-2005, 03:49 PM
It's been dd's favorite toy since about 6 months old. It went with her from lying to sitting to standing to cruising. She's just beginning to show less interest in it now, but when she's walking on her own I think she'll start toddling back to it.

HTH,
Jude

jamsmu
02-13-2005, 05:19 PM
This toy was a great one for DS. He played with it from about 5 months on. Used to use it all the time. We moved it to our office so he doesn't play as often, but he loves spinnng the ABCs now.

tarahsolazy
02-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Fory got it for Christmas, and he was about 9 mo old then. He loves it, cruises around it, pushes the buttons on purpose, now. Its the only toy we have that takes batteries, and I'm glad we have it, the music is not too loud or annoying. That being said, I prefer it on the music vs the letters/numbers setting.

Judegirl
02-13-2005, 09:28 PM
Me too...and I have to admit, I love the jazzy open/close box tune! :)

CBB
02-14-2005, 01:37 AM
I would highly recommend it. DD's been playing with it since a little over 5mo and still loves it at 11mo. She also learned to pull up on it. I also would recommend FP laugh and learn learning home. These two are her favorite toys now.

amp
02-14-2005, 09:36 AM
It is if you buy it eary on. DS played w/ his from about 6-11 mths. I don't know if I would by it at 9mths though.

emschwar
02-14-2005, 10:02 AM
I sing that song all the time!

Noah's 9 1/2 months and LOVES the table. We started using it as soon as he could sit up, and it's been a real favorite of his. Entertains him for a long time!

tarahsolazy
02-14-2005, 11:56 AM
I like all the banjo numbers the spinning thing plays. Oh, and the scat song for the door opening, although Fory rips that door off every time I replace it. He pushes the little button to get the music, though.

BA-DA-DA-DA BEEP BOP A DIDDLY BOP A BEE BOP BA!

hellosmiletoday
02-14-2005, 12:07 PM
DD got it for christmas as a gift from grandparents when she was 7.5 months old. At that time she wasn't standing, and is too short to play with it while sitting, so I took the legs off it and she loved it... After learning to stand, she is obsessed with playing with it. Its just about the only toy she plays with for more than 5 minutes. Personally I would not have gotten it as I never imagined she would love it so much. I much prefer the music setting but I think she likes the ABC/123 setting. I think the major attraction of the learning table is that she can practice her favorite pastime -- standing. She pretty much ignores all her other toys unless she's in a teething mood.

Mommy to baby girl 5.8.04

whittyanne
02-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Definitely worth it! It's been one of our longest lasting toys... DS will still stand up at it and use it and it's a favorite toy when he has "friends" over.

ainwonderland
02-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Oh, I would have to disagree. Macey (at 2.5yo) will still go by it and interact with the table. No, she does not play with it for periods of time anymore, but she will play with it.

Max (our 9 month old) loves it. I would highly recommend this toy (on sale, of course!)