PDA

View Full Version : Zooper high chair?

MomtoZoe
02-11-2005, 10:41 PM
I am a little confused about my Zooper Peas & Carrots high chair! First, it is a little shaky...is that intended? Second, my daughter (an average size 6 month old) doesn't seem at all comfortable...she slides down in the chair and has a hard time sitting straight. Third, the tray is very far away from my daughter when she is sitting strapped in the chair.

Has anyone had these issues ... and does anyone have solutions!
Thanks!!!

westchicagomom
02-12-2005, 12:58 AM
We have the original model (they changed the colors a year ago), but I think that is all they changed. Our Peas and Carrots is not shaky at all, so maybe yours is defective as shaky doesn't seem very safe!

Looking at it, there isn't much you can tighten. I would just make sure the rollers are on correctly/level, the vertical positioner is locked and then if that didn't correct the problem, then I would call the retailer and/or mfr.

We have had the chair since my daughter was about 5 months. She has always been off-the-charts for height, and even she slid down a bit in the beginning as the shoulder straps really weren't very accommodating for a young infant. I think I read here that some people put rolled up towels behind their back.

And yes the tray is a bit far from her, but that is something the the BBB mentions as a problem about this particular chair so hopefully that wasn't a surprise. She does get food in between her and the chair. Those bibs w/ pockets (like baby bjorn) work well, but my daughter hated them. The only bibs she will wear are the the better bibs talked about in this forum. Even though it is a pain sometimes, I personally like the fact that the tray is further away. I guess you could try the towel trick again or just send the thing back if it really bothers you because you have months of messy eating ahead of you!