PDA

View Full Version : Combs, toothbrushes, etc.....

M_and_M
02-12-2005, 10:16 AM
We are looking for nice personal hygene items for newborns. We would like to get a toothbrushe, nasal aspirator, thermometer, etc. If you have links, please include. Thanks!

jubilee
02-13-2005, 03:15 AM
In general newborns don't need a toothbrush (no teeth) but do benefit from rubbing gently on their gums with a soft washcloth. Once my son had his first tooth, about 7 months old, I just bought an infant toothbrush at the grocery store or Target... as long as it is for infants whatever you pick should be fine. I got a couple nasal aspirators from the hospital when I delivered my Logan, so I never bought one. The thermometer is more difficult- I'm of the opinion that a rectal thermometer is best for kids under 2 years old. Some people like the tempral thermometer, or ear thermometer, but I'm waiting until after 2 years old to consider that. The rectal thermometer that I like is by either Safety First or First Years, it is digital and has a protecter so you don't insert it too far. Again, I got it at Target. I know all these decisions seem overwhelming! So many things to buy for someone so little! :)