PDA

View Full Version : Vaporizer

bchafin
02-14-2005, 10:00 AM
I'm thinking of trying this plug-in vaporizer by Suda-Care. My son is 10 months with a cold. The product says not for under 3 months. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions? Or should I just invest in a regular humidifier? Any help would be great!

TIA
Barb

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=92300&catid=12098&trx=GFI-0-MWS&trxp1=12098&trxp2=92300&trxp3=1&trxp4=1&btrx=BUY-GFI-0-MWS

ErinP
02-15-2005, 07:41 PM
My 3 year old LOVES these and Vicks vapor rub, so I asked my ped about using it for my 9 month old with a cold. She said it has no medicinal value like a humidifier does. It just sends "vapors" or as she said "scents" into the air. She said it won't hurt to use it along with a humidifier. Hope this helps!

lisams
02-15-2005, 11:13 PM
The link is not working for me, but I think I know what you're talking about. I'd try using a humidifier, a lot of times when kiddos have colds their nasal passages get very dry and irritated. Adding moisture into the air helps a lot. Even just taking them into a steamy bathroom every hour or so can help.

I personally have had bad experience with vapor scented stuff with DD. I don't know if it's coincidental or not but DD became much worse after I used a rub one time. I also think it's kind of gimmicky, but that's just my opinion!

Lisa

Java
02-16-2005, 12:30 AM
Honestly, you can barely smell it unless you put RIGHTTHERE next to the crib. As a PP said, it just adds scents to the air. I bought one and prefer my aromatherapy oils (in addition to my humidifier) to help with Kael's breathing issues when he's sick.

IMO you would get more mileage with a humidifier.