PDA

View Full Version : Baby monitor with 3 bases

shevam
02-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Does anyone have or know anything about the baby monitor with 3 bases and 2 parent receivers? I think it is from Safety First. I am thinking of getting it and have not seen anything posted about it.
Thanks for any info!
Sheva

TaChapm
02-15-2005, 11:14 PM
I typed this review a few weeks ago and love the monitor even more now than I did when we first received it. They are still $20 off at TRU.

I have been trying to decide how to handle the monitor situation in our house once baby #2 is here and this seemed like the most logical choice. I was worried about the $129.99 price tag but Toys R Us is having their baby fair and they were offering it at $20 off so I couldn't resist.

I love that I can monitor 3 rooms at once. I hate running upstairs even for a minute and leaving Jackson in his toy room but now I can hear what is going on everywhere. The parent units are nice in that they have rechargable batteries. I loved our Sony but we didn't have the rechargable one and I really missed that feature. They can also be used as walkie talkies. This is something that has already come in handy. I was pleasently surprised at how clear they are. We went through 4 monitors before getting our Sony BabyCall and I was certain nothing would be as good.

The main thing that I don't like about this but can work around is that you can either monitor 1 room or all three. You can't just select 2 to scan. The way to work around this is to bring both parent units into the room and have one set to monitor A and the other set to B. I tried this and didn't have any problems. The sound isn't as perfectly clear as our Sony but it is close. We would get almost daily interference with our Sony...nothing big, but every once in awhile we would pick up a phone call. I haven't had that problem yet with this one.
Overall I am thrilled with it and for $20 off I couldn't pass it up. I just thought I would share since nobody has really posted about this monitor and I know several of us are expecting #2.

HTH

BTW- There were a lot of good deals at Toys R Us for baby gear and I also have BRU coupons if anyone is looking for a specific one it might be available

Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
and Surprise! #2 EDD 6-28-05

http://lilypie.com/baby3/021110/2/8/1/-6/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050629/3/0/1/-6/.png