PDA

View Full Version : Kettler basket question - how does it stay on?

papal
02-18-2005, 08:28 AM
How do you get it to stay on the handlebar? Did you tie it with something. Before i get a ribbon or rope out, I thought I would ask you all.. maybe someone had a better solution?

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Mine kept falling off and I think (my brain is so fried I remember little) but I think this is an issue for the Kettlers, and if I am correct that they were redoing the basket ...I might be wrong but do know it was an issue for us (Steve thinks a basket girlie so he didn't attempt to put it back on)...

I'd tie it if I were you...

Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (22 months) and baby girl Bronwyn on the way due March 19th!!!!

emmiem
02-18-2005, 07:02 PM
Our basket didn't stay on either. It is actually sitting in the back of the coat closet.
Michele

zuzu
02-20-2005, 05:02 PM
I think Neve is right that there was some sort of problem with the design at one time. I think the one that had problems staying in place is the one that looks like this (though I think I recall that it stayed on better when using the handlebar pad):

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21798.gif

The one we have stays on really well and looks like this:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/21799.jpg

It has the two hooks on top and one in the middle in the center of the basket (which I don't think you can see well from this picture). I don't think it would fit over a handlebar pad though.

Hope you get one to work for you soon--we love the basket!

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

papal
02-20-2005, 06:39 PM
We have the second one that you showed zuzu but it does not stay in place.. we don't have a handlebar pad. The handle bar is not 'thick' enough to keep the basket on tightly.. does that make sense? So the hooks stay there but leels can easily knock the basket off.

zuzu
02-20-2005, 08:26 PM
Hmmm. . .

I just went and checked Sarah's. It does swing a bit if you push/pull on it a certain way, but to take it off you have to lift it and then tilt it a bit, and it's nothing I've ever seen Sarah do (and it wasn't that easy for me to do, either! ;)) We have the Happy, and I think you have a different model, no? I wonder if the handlebars differ from model to model. I'd either get another basket from the retailer or call Kettler directly. Kettler sent me a whole new frame and seat because ours arrived scratched - no questions asked.

Good luck!
Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

papal
02-20-2005, 10:26 PM
we have the air happy too.. hmm.. i will call kettler tmmrw. that is strange.. ours comes off really easily. thanks zuzu!