PDA

View Full Version : Pack 'N Play Confusion

Nemesia
02-22-2005, 12:15 PM
I am so confused as to which pack 'n play to purchase. I have heard Graco makes the best travel yards, but there is a wide variety of Graco pack 'n plays to choose from.

I'm looking at the Graco Mocha, the Graco Colby, and the Graco Wave-Windsor (with the elevated changing table). If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate hearing your opinions.

Thank you!
Jennifer

amp
02-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Honestly, just pick the pattern you like the best. Or, if you like two patterns, pick the one that has the accessories you think you would like the most, or the price you like the best.

FWIW, we liked our pattern, liked having a full bassinet and a removable changing table. We never used our canopy, had no vibration or music. Wished we'd had a place to store wipes, dipes etc, but bought a plastic Diaper Depot on the side and that worked just fine.

lilycat88
02-22-2005, 04:07 PM
We have the Graco Colby. If I had it to do again, I wouldn't bother with getting one with quite as much "stuff" as this one has. I liked the look of it and that's why I got it. I've learned my lesson. :-)

We have enjoyed the changing table feature and couldn't live without it. We use it exclusively for changes downstairs. We also have enjoyed the full sized bassinet. DD hasn't napped it in since she was about 6-7 weeks old but we did use it when traveling before she outgrew the weight limit. The diaper storage thingy was great at first but once the diapers start getting bigger, it just didn't hold enough to make sense. AND, about 2 months ago, the adhesive on the actual fabric thing that holds the diapers gave out and fell to the floor. The wipes storage thing was too small to be of any use and we never used it. We do use the little "cup size" containers to hold misc. items. We keep the bassinet set up at home even though she isn't using it and we use that to store all diapers and wipes and extra blankets and stuff.

The canopy was only used a couple of times to keep light out of her eyes when she was napping as a newborn but now it just gets in the way. I think it's on the floor under the PNP now. The music and vibration thing was also PERHAPS used a couple of times. One thing to keep in mind is that the vibration part can't be used except with the bassinet. You can still play the music, I think. The light on the music thing is "ok" but not very effective. You can get those aftermarket and hook them on (I think) and that would probably be better if you want a light. We just kept a small flashlight handy.

So, for what it's worth, that is our Colby experience. I LOVE the actual basic PNP but would have probably tried to get one that only had the changing table and full size bassinet and not bothered with the rest.

heatherlynn
02-22-2005, 08:50 PM
I have the one in Mocha. We use the changing table all the time since we live in a 3 story. With DD, we never used our PNP at all, but we lived in a one-story then. We used the bassinet a lot when DS was a newborn. I took the music thing off and we use it on his crib. I love the crickets - knocks me out cold (crib is in our room), but could probably lived w/out it pretty easily. The storage thing on the side is OK, but I agree that once use start using the bigger diapers, it's useless. Also, can't fit a wipes container in it either.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

SJ mom
02-22-2005, 11:40 PM
I agree with just picking the print that is best. Less is best. All you really need is the changing table and a large area for the baby to sleep in.

smilequeen
02-22-2005, 11:55 PM
I agree on picking the pattern you like best. We use our changing table all the time on it. A canopy would have been useless for me. The mobile was useless. We really liked the vibration on it and wish it worked w/out the bassinet (ds is 3 months and 16 lbs so he outgrew the bassinet early). My main complaint is that the diaper holder that came with it fell off already.