PDA

View Full Version : Raffi CD Recommendations

kfcboston
02-22-2005, 12:45 PM
We have More Singable Songs for the Very Young and we all love it. Can anymore recommend any other specific Raffi CDs? There are quite a few out there.

TIA!

Mamma2004
02-22-2005, 05:16 PM
Hi Katie,

We just discovered Raffi in January and our first CD was Baby Beluga. We love it!! We also have Singable Songs for the Very Young and More Singable Songs for the Very Young. He is easy to understand and my son giggles as we dance to his music.

Enjoy!
Stephanie

jillmk
02-23-2005, 12:40 PM
We have Singable Songs for the Very Young, Baby Beluga, Corner Grocery Store, and More Singable Songs. That is the order of my favorites--Baby Beluga right after Singable Songs!

darby24
02-26-2005, 02:30 AM
Big fans of Raffi here. The favourite hands down has to be Raffi in Concert. It's basically a greatest hits; a mix of the traditional and some of his own songs that are upbeat and fun. We heard Raffi's original "shake my sillies out" on the radio and it's got NOTHING on the live version! In fact my nephew will only allow Live Raffi in the car. My favourite non live cd's are One light one sun and Baby Beluga.

What we have:
Singable songs for the very young - very traditional short songs
Baby Beluga - nephews first Raffi cd, lots of great songs, we love Joshua Giraffe
Let's Play - Raffi's newest cd, mostly Raffi originals - Yellow Submarine rocks though!
Bananaphone - I haven't heard this one too much - though Bananaphone gets stuck in my sisters head a little too often!
One light one sun - my favourite - enough traditional and Raffi original mix
Raffi on Broadway - just got this, a fun live cd (just haven't had enough time to listen to it often.)
Raffi's Christmas - obviously Christmas music, I still do like it though (even in February!)
Raffi in concert with the Rise and Shine band

Basically the older his cd's then they have more of the traditional (often short) songs (ie singable songs I and II and Grocery Store). I always check out Amazon before buying a new one and sample the 30second little bits. I'm still looking for Rise and Shine locally, from listening to it on Amazon I'm interested. I personally have bought all of the cds for birthday/holidays, so I'm to blame for our list!

And if you have a big Raffi fan on hand I highly recommend Raffi's new dvd. It's three concerts (including the two shows from the live cds above.) A little dated watching it (hilarious fashions and clothing!) but it's great to actually SEE Raffi do all the actions he's talking about.

MaddiesMommy
02-26-2005, 09:24 PM
We only have More Singable Songs and love it, but I thought I'd share this great bargain I found. It's Raffi's Singable Songs Collection, box set of 3 cds, for $11.16 and $1.40 shipping on overstock.com. Here's the link: http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=108097

It includes Singable Songs For the Very Young, More Singable Songs, and Corner Grocery Store. Even though we already have More Singable Songs it was too good of a deal to pass up. We'll give the extra one to a friend. I couldn't believe what a steal it was!

Janine