PDA

View Full Version : Cookie cutters????

cchavez
02-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Diego is just now starting to play w/ playdoh....where can I get some cute, inexpensive cookie cutters so we can make shapes w/ our playdoh? tia!

pritchettzoo
02-26-2005, 02:00 PM
Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc. usually have a big bucket of plastic cookie cutters in sets of 100 for $9.99 or so. They have an assortment of animals and numbers and the alphabet in there.

Here's a pic from the set amazon carries:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00004SCOJ.01.PT01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004SCOJ/104-0247806-9722303?v=glance

I've also seen it in a clear plastic bucket.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

slknight
02-26-2005, 02:09 PM
We have a very similar set that we bought several years ago. DS loves to just play with the cookie cutters by themselves.

neeter
02-26-2005, 02:10 PM
You can also get cookie cutters from Michaels - would be a great deal using their usual 40% off coupon in the Sunday paper.

Twin Mom
02-26-2005, 03:27 PM
If you don't want to spend a lot, I bought a small plastic set at Walmart for $0.88 that includes a rolling pin, plastic knife (not sharp) and spoon (don't use the spoon). It also came with a tool that rolls to make a pattern in the doh (sorry I know this doesn't explain it well) plus a few cookie cutters in different shapes. For $0.88 I bought one set for each twin so there would be no fighting! They had them at the front of the store near the cash registers in what I believe is equivalent to their $1 area (but everything is $0.88).

redhookmom
02-26-2005, 04:17 PM
Here is an item that I like better in plastic! We had a metal set, I think from the Christmas tree store. The got rusty and bent out of shape quickly and I threw them away. I think a plastic set would last longer and be more enjoyable.

egoldber
02-26-2005, 07:27 PM
I agree, I think that plastic is much better for this.

I just let DD use my plastic Wilton cookie cutters because I already had them. But you can get them at Michaels with the 40% off coupon and they are a very good deal. AND very handy to have for birthday parties, etc.

If you want small ones, Target actually carries a selection of very small plastic cookie cutters that are meant for Playdoh. Its in the toy section next to the Playdoh.

My DD also LOVES to use a small rolling pin with Playdoh. Michaels and other craft stores sell a small dough set in the toy section that includes a rolling pin. Its pretty inexpensive. I also have a small wooden rolling pinm but again, the plastic seems to work much better on the Playdoh. It really sticks to the wood, but not to the plastic.

HTH,

amp
02-27-2005, 08:07 AM
We just bought a set of like 50 or more at Michael's and used their 40% off coupon. It is an animal set and I'd like to guess it was about $5-7, I can't remember for sure, but very affordable! Unfortunately, I needed a bin for them since the plastic bin they came in was so wimpy it never went back together!