PDA

View Full Version : Question for Ralph Covert Fans!

shannonG
03-05-2005, 08:39 PM
I know there have been many threads about kids music in the past, but I need your opinions! I love Ralph Covert...Ralph's World...and want to buy some of his CD's (We have been getting out from the library the one that has the Winnie the Pooh song). I was looking on Overstock and they're pretty cheap there so I think I'm gonna get two for now. I was wondering which Ralph CD's are your favorite...if you had to pick two. Also, which would you consider a second favorite (musical artist) for kids music! Thanks so much!!!

-Shannon

Jen841
03-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Ranking of our favorites....
Ralph's World
Under the Sea
Happy Lemons
Peggy's Pie Parlor
Kid Astro (newest one, but maybe it is last b/c we are so familar with the other ones.)

Keep in mind, there is the DVD too. It is pretty low budget, but it is still fun to see some of the motions they do with the songs.

They are all great! When we get in the car Jude now asked for "Ralph".

lukkykatt
03-07-2005, 01:58 PM
I'd say our (ahem, my) top two are: Ralph's World and Happy Lemons. I haven't heard the new one yet though.

Other favorites artists are: Laurie Berkner and They Might be Giants.

shannonG
03-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Thanks girls! I'll have to check those out! You're right, I definitely like Ralph just a tad more than Nathan!!!!!! Thanks!

corrie23
03-10-2005, 02:48 PM
We only have two At the Bottom of the Sea and Happy LEmons. I love them both (in that order). I just ordered the other 3 though so I may have new favorites soon. Our second favorite artist to listen to is Laurie Berkner...I forgot about TMBG-I'll have to check out their kids music.

Ralph Covert is local to us and while DD was too young to really get into a concert of his last year, I'm hoping to take her to one or more this summer. (Last year he even did a concert at my former middle school-how weird is that?)

punrocker
03-11-2005, 05:55 PM
We love all the albums, but here are our faves in order:

http://www.ralphsworld.com/

At the Bottom of the Sea
Ralph's World
Peggy's Pie Parlor
Happy Lemons
The Amazing Adventure of Kid Astro

We saw Ralph's World at Joe's Pub in NYC last month. It was DS's (then 17 mos.) first concert. Ralph's World rocks! His DVD (Say Hello) is also great.

Next favorite is Brady Rymer (also in order):

http://www.rymersongs.com/

I Found It!
Look at My Belly
Good Morning Gus

We also dig Dan Zanes, They Might Be Giants, Elizabeth Mitchell, and of course Raffi. We're not big Laurie Berkner fans, though.