PDA

View Full Version : Joy's Waldorf Doll Co-op- Where are we on numbers?

ellies mom
03-06-2005, 02:58 AM
I was curious how many orders are in the works or planned for the Co-op. I'm getting a kit, so I'm interested in knowing how many other kits are planned. I live in WA, so I have to pay sales tax. :( With the discount it ends up being less than 12% savings. So even though I'm planning on getting the kit no matter what, I'll probably have to pass on the other stuff if the numbers aren't met. Anyhow, enough of my sob story. Here are my numbers:
Kit category - 14' companion
Clothing category - 3 piece knit set
Bedding category - moses basket

Sandra- I see you are from WA also. Not sure if you noticed the sales tax bit on the shipping page. It is like 8.5%. Yikes.

kristenk
03-06-2005, 08:22 AM
I'm getting at least one kit and the 3 piece knit set. I might get 1 kit, 1 doll, and the knit set or 2 kits and the knit set. I'm also trying to figure out if I can get the moses basket but use it for an Easter basket! I'll update with my final purchases. I didn't know it would be so hard to decide!

Okay, I think I've decided. I'm planning to order:
Kit for 14" Baby Companion
3 Piece knit set
Kit for Bright Eyes Baby
Moses Basket

I really, really, really want to make DD's doll myself (with some help from the kit, of course!), so I thought I'd start off with the Bright Eyes baby and then work on the Baby Companion after I have a little experience in the doll-making arena.

jakobsmommie
03-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Okay - I've been away from the board for too long.

I LOVE Waldorf Dolls! Can someone fill me in?
Is there a website I can go to and see what we can chose from?

I would DEFINATELY be interested

kristenk
03-06-2005, 11:02 AM
The thread's just a little further down the page and has all the info! Here's a link to it: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=31345&mode=full&page=

mommyj_2
03-06-2005, 01:04 PM
I ordered a 13' companiion doll, a set of striped pajamas, and a moses basket.

Veronica,
Could you ship the doll to someone in another state to avoid the tax (or would it end up being the same with shipping?). I did that with the Maukilo co-op.

dowlinal
03-06-2005, 01:13 PM
I ordered two kits - A bunting baby and 14' companion - and a moses basket. Since I am a sewing novice Joy recommended starting out with the bunting baby and working my way up to the companion.

Can those of you who live in WA have them purchased by a relative out of state to avoid sales tax? My BILs live in NY so sometimes we have stuff sent there to avoid the NJ sales tax.

ellies mom
03-06-2005, 02:20 PM
Well, I could since I live right across the river from Oregon, but Washington doesn't have an income tax, so they've got to get money somehow. It's kind of a walk the talk sort of thing for me. As much as it pains me, it's the principle. So, I'll just have to suck it up. If WA had an income tax, it would be different, at least in my mind. Anyhow, enough of my personal soapbox. It isn't a very sturdy one anyhow, since I do some of my shopping in Oregon.

mommyj_2
03-06-2005, 02:24 PM
I love the idea of a flimsy soap box. LOL

mykidzmom
03-07-2005, 09:39 AM
I plan on ordering one, but I don't know which one to get. My DD is turning 2 next month. She is from Guatemala, and I LOVE the fact that you can choose the skin tone, eye color, and hair color. These dolls are adorable. Does anyone have a suggestion as to which one I should get? Oh, and I plan on buying some clothes and accessories too.

holliam
03-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Did you see the Limited Edition ones? I bought Ramona over a year ago when we got our first referral who we then lost. We have many other Guatemalan dolls, but Ramona is so special. I would have loved to had her at a discount too! :)

Holli

ellies mom
03-07-2005, 06:09 PM
The link to the co-op details post further up in this thread includes info from Joy on the appropriate dolls for various ages groups, as well as our personal soul searching on the best doll. My reasoning in a nutshell- I went with the 14" companion baby because of the smaller size and simplicity. I will make her a larger doll in a few years with "better" hair. I did not choose the bunting doll, because I wanted the doll to have more versatility as she gets older.

I also like the amount of personalization available. I found this site last week, I think you'll like it so I hunted it down again. the clothes are probably not appropriate for your DD now, but later would be wonderful. If you were not planning on getting a larger doll in a few years, this may shape your choice.

http://www.terraexperience.com/p_products.html#Dolls

HTH