PDA

View Full Version : After the PNP bassinette?

teddy
03-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Once DS outgrows the PNP bassinette, what do you recommend I use? I'd like him to still sleep in our room but he's getting heavy and may outgrow the bassinette soon. He's not yet rolling over or sitting up, but he's already 15 pounds. I don't necessarily want to use the regular PNP because it's too hard for me to bend all the way down there to pick him up or lay him back down after nursing. Thanks for any suggestions :)

HannaAddict
03-08-2005, 12:29 AM
We also wanted our son to stay in our room past the point of fitting in his pram. After looking at several options, including some wood portable cribs, we ended up getting the Cosco white portable crib. It is very sturdy, no sharp edges, the mattress that came with it is very firm and snug, and it was a great pre-big crib step. It fit in our room and has wheels to roll. The mattress can be at two different levels so you could use it when your son is older/standing up if needed. I bought a blue gingham dust ruffle for it so it would look softer/cuter and the pack n play size sheets (for the regular part of the pack n play) fit. It had almost universally good reviews on amazon/Target and babycenter.com. It also folds up to store away. We were really happy with it and our big little boy (95% height/75% weight) slept in it comfortably until seven months, when he decided he liked his big crib. Good luck finding something you like.

Kimberly
DS 3/18/04

August Mom
03-08-2005, 12:43 AM
You might look at the co-sleepers (Arms Reach Co-Sleeper is one that comes to mind) that attach to your bed. They are sort of like a PNP, but the height of the bed portion of the co-sleeper should be approximately the height of your bed, so you just reach over, pick up the baby, nurse and put the baby back in his bed.

I have no experience with this set-up, but it may work for you.

kochh2
03-13-2005, 02:31 PM
why not just put your baby in bed with you?? at least try it a couple nights... our DS co-sleeps w/ us, and it is the best decision ever!!! I can't say i have a full uninterrupted night's sleep, but i'm not complaining about the interruptions... i usually dont even wake all the way up, just enough to get him nursing, then back to sleep i go!
just a suggestion... its certainly worth a try before buying something your dc may or may not like... Plus, the AAP now recommends that a nursing baby and mother sleep in close proximity to one another... is that a hint of co-sleeping endorsement?? GO AAP!! (at least in that respect)
LOL
Holly
mama to aiden

kochh2
03-13-2005, 02:31 PM
why not just put your baby in bed with you?? at least try it a couple nights... our DS co-sleeps w/ us, and it is the best decision ever!!! I can't say i have a full uninterrupted night's sleep, but i'm not complaining about the interruptions... i usually dont even wake all the way up, just enough to get him nursing, then back to sleep i go!
just a suggestion... its certainly worth a try before buying something your dc may or may not like... Plus, the AAP now recommends that a nursing baby and mother sleep in close proximity to one another... is that a hint of co-sleeping endorsement?? GO AAP!! (at least in that respect)
LOL
Holly
mama to aiden