PDA

View Full Version : Great Wooden Toy Deals-VA Mamas listen up

laretce6
03-08-2005, 12:02 PM
I discovered the Plow and Hearth Outlet in Madison VA yesterday. Apparently they also own the Hearthsong and Magic Cabin Catalogs.

At any rate they had tons of wooden/natural toy deals. I got DD a very nice set of wooden alphabet blocks from hearth song for $14.99 (regularly 29.99) the blocks are a good size (I think about 2") and a set of Brio Plan City wooden "people" for $1.99. They had tons of Brio Plan City stuff, Kathe Kruse Waldorf dolls and a bunch of different craft sets from Hearth Song and Magic Cabin. There were some bins that were full of misc. toy items, but I had DD in the sling and didn't want to bend down to root around, and a number of other items from the 2 catalogs.

I think the outlet wouldn't be more than 1/2 hours drive from those of you in Charlottesville.

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04

octmom
03-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the tip, Caroline. I haven't stopped in at the outlet in a couple of years. I should head up there and check things out.

OT, but the last time I was there, I saw the strangest sight. There was a deer wearing a dog collar walking around the parking lot. It approached a couple and their dog, then went right up to their car when they put the dog inside. The poor dog seemed really confused and was barking up a storm. One of the clerks was talking about how someone had rescued this deer as a baby and raised it at home. It was really odd to see.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

laretce6
03-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Jerilyn,

The toy section was pretty disorganized compared to the rest of the outlet, but still worth checking out. They're having a tent sale at some point in May. I stumbled upon it by accident on my way home from PA (missed the turn for 15 and went further South on 29 than I'd intended) but was glad I found it.

How bizarre about the deer, I wouldn't even think that would be legal.

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04

ghs517
03-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the tip! This would be a nice day trip from Richmond.

GHS, mom to Bella, 17 mos.