PDA

View Full Version : Leaking diaper problems with FP Nature's Touch Cradle Swing?

BillK
03-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Has anyone else had this issue with this the Nature’s Touch™ Baby Papasan™ Cradle Swing from Fisher Price?

My wife and I bought one recently for our new son - and without fail - we go to take him out of the swing and he and the swing liner are completely soaked with urine. It's not a huge deal since he loves the swing and the liner is machine washable - but it's quickly becoming an annoyance.

His diapers (Pampers Swaddlers) never leak in any other setting - only after being in this swing in the laying back setting (it has 2 settings - 1 is more upright and 1 is more of a laying down position). I suppose it could just be a coincidence that his diapers haven't been fitting perfectly each time this has happened - but I have my doubts since he's had no leaks any other time.

Anyone else experience this odd thing? Thanks in advance.

TaChapm
03-09-2005, 11:10 PM
No experience with this swing but if a diaper is going to leak it will be where it is a PITA to clean it up. :)

Not sure how old your son is but you might want to try going up to the next size in the diapers. With the early stage swaddlers we usually bought a size up because they had a tendancy to leak. Usually for us it was in the car seat. Must be something with the position.
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
Tyler William EDD 6-28-05
http://lilypie.com/baby3/021110/0/2/1/-6/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050628/1/0/1/-6/.png

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
03-13-2005, 04:24 PM
We use this swing everyday and no problems. I am curious as to what you mean by two positions. I know there are 2 ways to swing but was not aware that the seat could be repositioned.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
03-13-2005, 04:24 PM
We use this swing everyday and no problems. I am curious as to what you mean by two positions. I know there are 2 ways to swing but was not aware that the seat could be repositioned.

Susan

#1 Nick 11-18-04

MamaKath
03-13-2005, 10:17 PM
I agree with Tara, maybe time to upsize the dipes. Also make sure "it" is pointing down or a leaky diaper is a sure occurance. ;-)

It may also be that your son urinates alot at that particular time during the day (this has been an issue with both my kids on and off) and you are using the swing during those times?

MamaKath
03-13-2005, 10:17 PM
I agree with Tara, maybe time to upsize the dipes. Also make sure "it" is pointing down or a leaky diaper is a sure occurance. ;-)

It may also be that your son urinates alot at that particular time during the day (this has been an issue with both my kids on and off) and you are using the swing during those times?