PDA

View Full Version : Need cute alternative to Easter Basket

lisams
03-09-2005, 04:37 PM
DD is two and I want to use something that she will use - we have her Easter basket from last year and she plays with it, but I thought it would be fun to do something different.

Some ideas that I thought were cute but she already has are:
dump truck
sand bucket
small wagon

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lisa

smomom
03-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Ok, these may be way out there, but here are some ideas....a backpack, wheelbarrow, purse, shopping cart, or a plastic caddy (something like what would be used to hold art supplies after Easter). Or even a mixing bowl filled with "baking" supplies (my DS's latest obsession), or a gardening bucket filled with gardening goodies. I even saw a cute little kid's tool/gardening belt at Target that you could fill with goodies. On the same aisle Target had a bug collecting jar, butterfly fly net, and rain boots. Not very traditional maybe, but anything of them would get a lot of use.

lmladuke
03-09-2005, 09:23 PM
My vote would be for wheelbarrow or shopping cart. We got DS a wheelbarrow for easter when he was 2 and he loved it! If you want to go smaller - a purse is a cute idea too...

Lori

Mommy to Jonathan Matthew 7/27/01
and Katherine Olivia 7/28/04

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050728/2/13/3/-5/.png

mykidzmom
03-11-2005, 08:59 AM
Have you seen those metal buckets from PBK? I think they are adorable. They would also be great for toy storage later. My SIL found some just like the ones at PBK at Target, and used them to decorate for her daughter's birthday. They are really cute! :)

jubilee
03-12-2005, 02:19 AM
At Target, they have these little flexible totes with either butterfly cutouts or flower cutouts for like $2.50. They would be fun for storing items and carrying around the house. In fact, I might get one for me! If they had it with boy colors, I'd have gotten one for my son. They are on sale through Saturday (today).

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/22742.jpg