PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a thing as a discount at PBK?

Saartje
03-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Just wondering. Even if there's usually one at certain times of year, that would be useful knowledge.

And am I right in the impression I've formed that their stuff is high-quality and lasting as well as good-looking?

tigalig
03-12-2005, 11:47 PM
I have been shopping at PBK for years and I'm very pleased with all of our purchases. We have wall units, bookcases, tables, baskets, basket liners, bedding, seasonal decor, etc., and love it all. I'm not aware of discounts, but they have sales and phone specials that are not advertised in their catalog or on-line. Every time I'm about to place an order, I call and check for their daily specials because sometimes it's exactly what I want. HTH.

jamsmu
03-13-2005, 08:11 AM
They don't (or haven't) done coupon codes, etc. Here's a hint about how they (and PB adn William Sonoma) price things. Items that are on regular price or "specials" have price tags that end in .50 or .00. If the item is on "Sale" or "special" with this price ending, it will most likely go back up to the regular price.

If the item price ends in ".99, .89, .79..." then the item that is on sale is on "clearance." You can take a chance and wait, because if it is still in stock it will most likely keep going down.

The phone special that is unannounced is something to keep an eye/ear out for--maybe people can post on here when they hear of one.