PDA

View Full Version : CAn anyone recommend the IKEA high chair?

kbsmith
03-19-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm looking for a small high chair that will last for a couple of years. CAn anyone recommend the IKEA chairs? Do they work for bigger babies?

laretce6
03-19-2005, 10:09 PM
We have the IKEA Gulliver high chair (it's wood) I really really like it, but my DD is still small and only eating solids on ocassion so I'm not sure how much help I can be. The seat part is not huge and I am somewhat concerned about how long she will fit in it. I also think that if I had thought about the cost in the right light I may have just bought the Eddie Bauer wood chair (the IKEA chair was $40 plus the tray which was another $10, if we'd bought a cushion that would have been another $10-25, etc), but I'm glad we don't have a big old company logo right on our chair ;-)

If I were you I would also consider just buying a booster seat and using it on a dining chair. I love the Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster, it has great features and is very inexpensive. We had a hand-me-down booster given to us, so I can't justify the purchase though.

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04

youngmommy
03-20-2005, 01:00 PM
BS"D

Check out this thread, where a few people are talking about the IKEA high chair. I have it and I really like it.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=28618&mesg_id=28618&listing_type=search

-HTH