PDA

View Full Version : Radio Flyer walker wagon - Ques. for those who own one

sue_g
03-20-2005, 11:01 PM
I was wondering if this was a worthwhile purchase or not. Until what age can a child use this? Is it used for playing too after they start to walk?

jubilee
03-21-2005, 01:07 AM
I was really excited about it at first, but it has a little flaw in that it doesn't turn easily for the younger toddlers. So my son would only go in a straight line then get stopped at a wall or couch and cry until I would turn the walker wagon around. In addition, my son only was interested until he could walk- then he lost interest and we moved it out to the garage. I should bring it back in the house now that he's stronger and could force it to turn a corner. I still think it's a cute wagon- but I don't think it was worth the $50-60 cost for the small usage.

ellies mom
03-21-2005, 02:08 AM
We got one for DD for her first birthday. It is hard to steer but she still plays with it almost everyday. She doesn't always push it, sometimes she just sits in it or take off the wooden things. I've talked to a couple of people who's kids are 6-7 and they still play around with it. Personally I've found it to be worthwhile, but I also bought it for athestic reasons since it sits in my living room.

tarahsolazy
03-21-2005, 11:15 AM
We got one for Christmas, when DS was 9mo old. He really likes it now that he's walking. He does run it into things, but I think that's part of the fun. He likes to empty and fill it, repeatedly. I think it was a good purchase (well, we got it as a gift). I'd buy one myself.

californiagirl
03-21-2005, 02:23 PM
We've only had ours for a month (it was an early first birthday present) but DD is a strong walker and loves it. Oddly, however, she thinks of it as an extremely satisfying chair. Occasionally she pushes it until it runs into something before she sits in it, but mostly she just climbs into it. At her birthday party there was an almost-3 year old who loved it (he was more into zooming it around).

sbirmantaz
03-22-2005, 01:50 PM
We had one but we sold it since in my particular case it wasn't safe. My dd flipped over the handle on it. She was standing in the wagon part and leaned over the handle and very quickly she fell on her head and over! It was scary and she was about 18 months old when it happened. Granted it doesn't mean the toy isn't good just something to keep in mind.