PDA

View Full Version : Playing outside...patio umbrellas

neeter
03-26-2005, 09:05 AM
Hi all - I just purchased a sand-box for my 14 month old. We were going to get the one with the umbrella and picnic table attached, but it wouldn't fit in our car. So we just got the plain regular sandbox. I'm thinking about getting a big stand-alone umbrella for over the box, like the ones that go over patio tables. I've never owned one of these, I'm just wondering if they can be easily tipped, and whether they can stand well on grass.

I'd love to keep my little one in the shade when feasible, especially since I doubt he will keep a hat on.

Thanks for your input!

brittone2
03-26-2005, 12:30 PM
typing 1-handed as ds is sleeping in my arms...

we got a lovely, large, dark green patioumbrella from overstock.com last year for a great price. I don't recall how much it cost exactly but it was very reasonable for the quality (and their shipping prices can't be beat really). I'm not sure how tippy it would be (we have ours inserted through the table) but we have a heavy base/umbrella stand for the bottom and it works well.

neeter
03-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Thank you! That's actually where I was thinking of getting it. Glad it know it was great quality and it could work without the table. :) Just a question though - does the coloring seem to fade at all? I was thinking of red or green, but would get the beige color if fading seems to be a problem. Thanks again!

brittone2
03-26-2005, 06:53 PM
We've only had ours a year but no fading yet. Again, not sure how tippy it would be as ours is inserted through a patio table that has a hole in the middle, but we do have it in a heavy base and it is pretty stable that way.

I do think it is very well made and if I saw it at someone else's home would assume it was quite expensive ;)

neeter
03-27-2005, 07:10 AM
Thanks again!