PDA

View Full Version : High chair dilemma- PP or Zooper?

dms619
04-02-2005, 02:12 AM
Hi Everyone!

I am looking for a high chair (that will look good in my kitchen as well as function). I know the book ranks the FP heathly chair the best, but I just can't stand the look of it. I just got the "new" book today and was hoping for a good review of the Zooper Peas 'n Carrots high chair (It got a B-), while the PP Prima Poppa got a C+. Does anyone have experience with these chairs? My best friend has an older PP and loves it (she also has a live-in nanny who cleans it!) Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Debbie DD due 6/28

kozachka
04-02-2005, 03:35 AM
This is probably not helping but wanted to let you know that our FP Healthy Care chair does look good. I got one from TRU in checkered navy with only a small elephant patch (hate cutesy stuff). We could afford a more expensive chair (and I've spent a ton of time looking at PP, Zooper and Combi) but chose not too. This is one of those items IMO where function is more important than status.

If you do decide to stick with either Zooper or PP, than DO take your DD to a store and put her in both chairs. If it does not fit her, that it won't matter how good it looks. We did not use a high-chair till DS was well past 6 months old (exlusively BF before than) so you have plenty of time to decide which chair works best for you.

lpl47
04-02-2005, 10:43 AM
I just wanted to add that I hate my PP Prima Poppa and I actually just ordered a Kinderzeat for my son who is now 18 months... The PP is not much "prettier" than the FP Healthy Chair and it has many nooks and crannies that food gets stuck it making it difficult to clean.

TaChapm
04-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Porbably not much help here but I have to agree with the PP about making sure the chair is functional and doesn't just look good. Our first chair was a Prima Poppa and we gave it to my SIL after using it a few weeks (she soon passed it on as well). I HATED it! Went on to buy a Graco thinking it would look better in my kitchen than the FP Healthy Chair. I hated it as well but had to make due for a year because DH thought it was rediculous to buy another chair. Both were a nightmare to clean! I finally broke down and bought a FP Healthy Chair when I found out I was pregnant with #2 and we are so happy with it. It really is a great chair and it works with everyday life. I want things to look nice and not too cheap but this is one thing that you want to get right. I haven't tried the Zooper so perhaps someone can help you out there but from my experience trust the book and the boards. A high chair is something you have to use and clean at least 3 times a day if not more so you want it to be user friendly.
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
Tyler William EDD 6-28-05
http://lilypie.com/baby3/021110/0/2/1/-6/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050628/1/0/1/-6/.png

MommyofJulia
04-03-2005, 08:39 PM
I know exactly what you are going through. I registered for the FP Healthy Care Deluxe (bright blue with designs). I returned it because it did not match my Kitchen and was way too bright. I thought about buying the PP or the Zooper, but decided against them for many reasons - the cost, the trays seemed high, etc. I ended up buying another FP Healthy Care Deluxe in a Black and Tan Color from etoys.com and have been very pleased. I have not regretted my choice.

LittlePrince_Mom
04-05-2005, 03:30 PM
We hate our PP. I haven't gotten rid of it bc it was so expensive but am dying for a Kinderseat. We have a FP at Grandma's house and it is infinitely better, if it wasn't overseas I would have swapped a long time ago. The PP does look cute in our kitchen but that's where it ends. DS is very tall (80th %ile) and 18 months old and the tray is still too high for him! Also, there's a huge gap btw DS and the tray so food gets all over his clothes and the chair, and of course it is very difficult to clean. I do not recommend this chair.

-E
http://lilypie.com/baby2/030916/2/7/2/+10/.png[/img][/url]
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

dules
04-05-2005, 07:56 PM
I have the FP too. I wanted to want the Primo Pappa but when I took DD at 6 months or so to look at it the tray was up to her chin! The best fit for her was the FP and we got one at Target with a navy seat, small dots on it and a small butterfly patch. Really not offensive as far as baby gear goes.

Best,
Mary

tigalig
04-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Going against the flow here . . . love our Prima Pappa! It is probably the older model as we have had it since late 2001 and it looks fabulous. I only use the vacuum once or twice a week to get the crumbs out from under the cover and a simple wet paper towel does the rest. Perhaps I'm missing out, but I don't know that any high chair would be self-cleaning. My son used it until he was almost three and our daughter is using it now and loving every minute of it. We use a Kinderzeat at OT and I think it's very nice, but I'm sure the food flies everywhere and I would be vacuuming the hard wood floors instead. In the end I think you'll find that you have to test some of these items yourself and see what your tolerance level is for certain things. I would give the Prima Pappa an A! HTH

gisele
04-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Same here, love the Prima Pappa (tan leatherette). Know lots of other people who have this chair in real life and love it. Don't have problems cleaning it. I don't have a height problem with it either, a while back there was a thread, and it seemed some PP chairs may be made an inch higher than others, which makes all the difference.

clc053103
04-10-2005, 10:33 AM
I am also investigating high chairs and had the same concerns- the FP chairs are just loud and ugly, at least at BRU. I was told to try other stores (WalMart, Target, etc) b/c they are given different patterns. I have also seem a lot of the posts about PP having issues, and also recd a recommendations for Babytrend (same features as PP at 1/2 the price) but the seat cushion is fabric- I don't want to run it through the wash daily!

At this point I registered PP, at least if I take it back it will cover the cost of an FP. MY sister has an older PP and swears by them, so I figured I would give it a chance. In checking various web sites for opinions, it seems BRU was the only one that truly panned the PP (though I see some other dissatisfied customers here)!!

If you want the FP, I would suggest searching different stores and sites for a pattern you can live with in your kitchen, as you will be looking at it for many years to come!