PDA

View Full Version : One Step Ahead Kettrike Navigator - Anyone have this?

LucyG
04-08-2005, 08:56 PM
It seems like a great deal, as it includes the push bar, dump bucket, and rear swivel wheels. Oh, and also the auto-freewheel and steering lock - all for $129.95. With the 15% coupon that I found, it comes out to be quite reasonable (well, for an expensive trike, that is :))!

If you have this particular trike, how do you like it? Anyone know the major differences between this one and the Original Kettrike offered by OSA? That one is $99.95. Thanks!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]
2 years and counting!

ilovetivo
08-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Bump

kali
08-31-2005, 01:21 AM
We have the OSA Kettrike Navigator and think it's great. We gave it to our son for his first birthday. So far, we just use it for walks and he loves it, probably because he can sit upright and see all around him unlike in a stroller. He's still too young to reach the pedals.

Both the Original and Navigator models have multiple seat/frame adjustments, auto-freewheel, push bar and dump bucket. The Navigator model has rear swivel wheels and steering lock (steering lock locks prevents the front wheel from turning and lets rear wheels swivel, so the parent can steer with the pushbar.) These are useful features for a younger child, because the Navigator really is easier for a parent to steer. The Original version has a handbrake for the child to use, but this seems a lot less useful to me, since pedaling backwards accomplishes the same thing. Neither has air tires.

The only thing about OSA's Kettrikes that bummed me out a little is that someone on this board mentioned they may only have a 90 day warranty as opposed to Kettler's normal lifetime warranty. The trike is very sturdy, so since it came out of the box okay I'm pretty confident it won't develop any future problems. You should check with OSA about their warranty though, b/c I'm not sure about the 90 days thing.

Great Beginnings (www.childrensfurniture.com) has the Kettler Happy Navigator on sale for $120. Just a few bucks more than OSA's price (after discount) for their Navigator and I assume it would have Kettler's standard lifetime warranty.