PDA

View Full Version : Do you rotate books like toys?

Mom2Miri
04-18-2005, 10:10 AM
We've collected quite a library of books for DD and I can't decide whether to keep them all out and available at once, or rotate them like toys. DH thinks they should all be out but I'm wondering if rotation will keep them more interesting for her? Anyone rotate their books?

TIA!
Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

slknight
04-18-2005, 10:14 AM
Yes, we rotate books. I don't really put them away as much as I move them. So I switch which ones are in the basket in the living room vs basement vs bedroom. Since we have a few huge baskets, I also turn the whole pile upside down so different ones are near the top. And on occasion, I hide ones that I'm sick of. ;)

ett
04-18-2005, 12:21 PM
We do something like what Susan does. We have books in several different places in the house which get rotated around. Our book collection has not quite reached the point that I've needed to put some away.

amp
04-18-2005, 12:46 PM
We also do like Susan does. We rotate the books, but never really put them away or out of reach. DS reads books mostly in the living room, and I rotate those out occasionally w/ those in his room, which he has access to at all times, but doesn't use as often just because he doesn't play in there much.

I do rotate out some books that I think he's lost interest in due to the age recommendation. Those go in a bin for the next baby, but I've only done that with 2 books so far because they were really babyish and he didn't like them much.

squimp
04-18-2005, 01:09 PM
I rotate books between our living room and DD's room. She goes through phases with books - she loves Olivia, she's sick of Olivia.....aahhh toddlers

And we go to the library and pick out a big stack of books every week to have at home, to have some new books around - I highly recommend this once past the eating and tearing books stage :).