PDA

View Full Version : Chicco Polly high chair

lucy43
04-22-2005, 11:35 AM
I am new here and wanted to know if anyone had tried the new Chicco Polly high chair. I saw it in a magazine and now see it is available at Buy Buy Baby but I have not found any reviews. Any thoughts?

daniele_ut
04-25-2005, 11:47 AM
I saw that ad too and seriously thought about buying it, but I wasn't able to find one IRL to try out. I loved the small fold, since we are cramped for space and really weren't crazy about using a booster since we regularly have guests for dinner and use all 4 kitchen chairs. From the pics I have seen online, I am not crazy about the Woodstock pattern, and that is the only one I have seen. I have seen it online at Target and babyuniverse as well.

FWIW, I ended up buying the Baby Trend chair from BRU. I went back and forth about this forever, but I really ended up not liking the looks of the FPHC chairs and in testing them out the recline mechanism seemed very plasticy. I also didn't like that only the back reclined and not the seat with it, as on the Baby Trend. I am not crazy about the cloth cover, but I am going to Scotch Guard it and hope for the best.

daniele_ut
04-30-2005, 08:19 AM
Lucy,

I just wanted to tell you that I saw the Chicco Polly yesterday IRL and I wasn't that impressed. It was lightweight and the fold was small, but there were many plastic parts that made the chair hard to adjust and to fold. The tray is quite high and sat far from DS, and I couldn't adjust the straps tight enough for him. I really didn't like the pad when I got up close to it. The vinyl pads on the FP chairs are well done, this one seemed cheap. I felt that when you put it side by side with the FPHC and Baby Trend chair, which both cost slightly less, you would be getting far better value for your money if you bought one of those instead of the Polly. I was disappointed because I really wanted to like this chair!

lucy43
05-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Thank you so much for your input. I guess I am going to stick with the Fisher Price I already registered for - thanks!!!

The Review Mommy
05-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Hi all! I just wanted to put in my two cents here.

I work at a local Baby Depot store and we just received the Polly in Woodstock (Beige/Green with dog). I was afraid that the measurements on the chair were like those of the Mamma (tray too high etc) But was pleasantly surprised that the measurements were all in the recommended ranges as stated in the BBB (I had put it next to a Fisher Price model and measured both). I did think the cover looked a bit on the cheap side when compared with the FP but the padding is MUCH Comfier than the FP, almost like a Baby Trend. I really liked the whole idea of a leg raise/adjustable feature (like on the Kinder Zeat:) The chair also sits up higher than most, which would work great for taller folks or those with kitchen islands/bars. I would recommend trying it out for your self and comparing it to some worthy opponents! I have to say that after DH saw it we ended up purchasing the Polly in the Sahara pattern (those shown in magazines) at USA Baby. While we haven't had it for that long, so far it's been perfect for us-and that compact fold has made it a convenient chair to take to Grandma's too!

Best Wishes,
Rebekah

lucy43
05-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Thank you so much for responding! So far I have had no luck finding it in any stores around here but it looks like Target will be carrying it soon.