PDA

View Full Version : Boat sand box on sale at Costco

Java
04-28-2005, 06:22 PM
In case anyone was looking.... Costco has this boat for $120 (item# 864718). One Step Ahead is selling it at $200.

http://www.onestepahead.com/images/product/detail_views_jpgs/11320-dv-1.jpg

ellies mom
04-29-2005, 03:07 AM
You are such a bad lady. I've been thinking about sandboxes. That is so adorable. Arghh, must not add to list. Focus on learning tower. Focus. Do not obsess.

Java
04-29-2005, 09:29 AM
I know, I know.... I thought I was positive about getting Kael a wagon, but this sand box is awfully cute!

octmom
05-02-2005, 10:52 AM
I hope that this item may be just coming out at Costco and there is still a chance of finding it. I checked a Costco in Richmond, VA yesterday and my mom checked one on Long Island for me, and neither had this. :( I showed DH the pic and he thinks it's kind of "fancy" ;), but I may convince him if we can see it in person. I *wish* we had Costco in my town and it would be easier to keep checking!

Thanks for posting this.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

Java
05-02-2005, 05:18 PM
You know what? I think it's already sold out at my Costco!!! I was waiting for DH to take a look at it before buying it so when we went 3 days later, I couldn't find it anywhere!

Lesson for the day - JUST BUY IT, ask questions later!

Oh, and rather than physically checking to see if it's in stock, you can call your local Costco, give them the item number and have THEM look for you. They will be able to tell you which stores have them and how many.

octmom
05-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Oh darnit! I hope its not sold out everywhere! Thanks for the item number and the tip. I may call around to stores near my mom in NY and a few in VA. My mom goes to Costco almost every weekend, and I'd be surprised if she didn't notice this at her store before, though she was away and missed at least one weekend, maybe two. Bummer. I soooo wish we had Costco in my town rather than just Sam's. It's just not the same.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

christymc33
05-05-2005, 01:31 PM
Thank you so much for posting this.
I called our local Costco, and they said they have not received them yet. I am going to call everyday!
Does anyone have this sand box?
Any comments about it?

Thanks again for posting the item number too.
:-)

Jen841
05-09-2005, 07:40 AM
I spoke extensively to a local store and they told me these have not been rolled out to this area yet (Philly). They are showing as "new" in the computers. She did not that Seattle has 12 ordered for 5/9, and she expects to seem then roll out from west to east after that. I have until 5/31 to get one!

octmom
05-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Yay! I have not gotten around to calling stores yet, but now that I know there is still a chance, I will get to it! Thanks!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

tippy
05-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Would anyone happen to have an item number for this??? Thanks!
Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-03

Java
05-11-2005, 12:42 AM
Teva - the item # is posted in my original message.

My friend bought this for her daughter and she said it's pretty darned CUTE! It even comes with a mesh cover for the sand so that water can soak through (to make the sand easier to play with) but keeps the critters out. She said that it was pretty easy to assemble too.

tippy
05-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Woops! Missed that didn't I. Thanks. I'm calling tomorrow to see if my store has them in stock!
Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-03

christymc33
05-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Our Costco will have them in two weeks.
Yay!

Thanks again for posting!

sue_g
05-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Does anyone know if this sandbox can be kept outside all year. We have no room inside during the winter. Since it is wood does it need any maintenance?