PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay for an Activity Garden?

crayonblue
05-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Well, I thought I was getting one on craigslist but the poop-head said it was available and then sold it to someone else. This is the second time this has happened! (What do you do? Paypal the seller to hold the item?) Anyway, I think I am doomed to buy one on ebay but REALLY don't like the thought of paying $80 or so. So, those of you who have this, how much would you pay? I just think it is so cute and Lauren would love it!

Is there something else out there equally as cute and easier to find?

murpheyblue
05-02-2005, 02:41 PM
I bought mine on E-bay for about $35-$40 + shipping. It has all the veggies but only one piece of mail. DD likes the veggies but could care less about the mail. The seller said it had crayon marks on it but honestly you can barely see them. Sometimes if you scan E-Bay you can find an imperfect one that doesn't attract crazy bids.

The toy has been well worth the money I spent on it. DD has played in it every day for close to a yea. It's durable, well made and I could easily use it again for another kid or sell it.

Saartje
05-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Lana -- are you responding to for-sale ads on Craigslist? I got mine by posting a wanted ad on Craigslist; if you try that, it might help with your problem with it being sold before you get there.

mik8
05-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Have you checked any consignment shops near you? I see the LT activity garden every 2-3 months here at our Once Upon a Child store in practically perfect condition with all the accessories intact for no more than $25.00. They take your name on their waiting list too for a particular item.

searchdog
05-02-2005, 06:12 PM
Is this the Little Tykes Activity Garden, or is it something else?

Edited to correct a spelling error

crayonblue
05-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Yes, I was asking about the Little Tikes Activity Garden.

crayonblue
05-02-2005, 07:56 PM
We only have one consignment store near us and the owner outrageously over-prices toys. I haven't seen an activity garden there but if there was one, it would probably be as much as ebay!

searchdog
05-02-2005, 08:08 PM
I was afraid you would say that. I didn't even know what it was and came across one at a garage sale this last week and paid $5 for it. It has all the veggies, but no mail.

Maybe if you don't have time to shop for one at garage sales, you could get a friend to look for one for you. I would also post a wanted ad on Craig's list as well.

chlobo
05-03-2005, 06:42 AM
I've never seen one at a garage sale but have seen them at a consignment shop.

I got mine off craigslist by posting a "wanted" ad. I paid $35.

BTW, where do you live in case I come across a $5. Shipping would still make it pretty cheap.

crayonblue
05-03-2005, 07:53 AM
I live in Maryland, D.C. suburbs. I would be so excited and grateful if you found one for $5!!! I was watching a local one on ebay and it went for $81, without shipping!!!

BTW, was it you who was watching the Learning Tower auction? I am also lusting after one of those but have never seen one in my area!

crayonblue
05-03-2005, 07:54 AM
Great deal!!! I have time for garage sales but I swear I live in the most ridiculous area- most of the garage sales I go to price things almost new price. Ugh!

searchdog
05-03-2005, 08:17 AM
I will keep my eye out for one. I agree with another poster that even if you had to pay shipping it would still be a good deal. So I will look around this weekend to see if I can find one, even if you were able to find one and I bought one for you, it looks like I could get my money back out of it for sure on ebay.