PDA

View Full Version : Svan Highchair - Feedback?

phillymommy
05-02-2005, 03:20 PM
I have never used a highchair - just a booster strapped onto a seat - but in my new house this isn't going to work. I don't want to get a traditional highchair and I'm looking at the Svan.

Is it worth the $? Easy to clean, etc?

Any other options I am missing? This is for my #2.

Nicole
Mom to Charlie (3.2 years) & Mateo (5 months)

CBB
05-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Hi Nicole,

If you do a search for Svan, you'll find a few threads. I've had one since DD was about 5mo. We really like it. The tray is very easy to clean. We've adjusted several times and it's very easy to do. The tray is slightly looser since we originally had it because DD keeps pushing on it, but it's not bothersome. It's very easy to move around - we stuck some protective padding on the bottom because our hardwood floor and basically just slide it around. But it's pretty lightweight if you want to lift it up. I've even picked it up with DD in it. It's very sturdy also. I chose the svan seat since we could use it starting as an infant instead of the Kinderzeat. I've been very happy with it so far.

ericher
05-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Hi,
I asked the board about Svan a couple of months ago and ended up getting one for our son. He's currently six months, so just at the beginning of his eating career, but it has worked well so far. I too could not use a booster due to our kitchen table not being able to accommodate one, and did not want one of those giant plastic high chairs in the middle of the house (where we eat). The Svan is not very big, which I like, and has the infant attachment available (unlike the Kinderzeat, which has an infant attachment you can only buy in Europe apparently). It's probably not technically worth the money (that is, I doubt the materials cost them $200 or whatever) but I figure it's worth it because it will be used longer and it looks nice.

I got free shipping on mine from baby bungalow.com. I couldn't find a used one anywhere and I don't think they are permitted by the manufacturer to compete on price, so I don't think you can find it much cheaper new than $175.

Elise

QNP
05-11-2005, 12:17 AM
I just posted my response on the Svan high chair in another thread started by Grantsmom.

Our DD has been using it since 5 mo and she's almost 9 mo. We're very happy w/ it so far... no complaint.