PDA

View Full Version : bumbo seat or high chair

anika2005
05-11-2005, 10:14 AM
I have read in many forums that you can use the bumbo baby seat instead of the high chair? How many of you think that this is a good idea. What are the pros and cons of each. I am a first time mom. So I have no idea.
TIA
Vidya

WooChx
05-11-2005, 11:41 AM
I have both and can say the bumbo is great for playtime but I would never use it for a high chair. DD quickly went from spoon feeding to "I want to do it myself" (less than 2 months time) - since the bumbo has no tray food would be flying everywhere. A better choice would be the Fischer Price Healthy Care Booster seat ($24.99 at BRU). We use it at home and just took it on vacation, it's great. I also have a Prima Pappa High Chair, it ok. I use it, the booster seat is the better buy.

Sillygirl
05-11-2005, 12:24 PM
We used the Bumbo seat in restaurants when Jonathan was too little to sit in those wooden contraptions with no padding that most places seem to have. We'd plunk it on the table and we always got a lot of nice comments. However, we never fed him in it. I think the position they're in when they're in the Bumbo doesn't look too comfortable for eating, with their legs drawn up a little, KWIM? Kind of like it would cramp their little tummies. Also, if he really works at it, he can work himself out of the Bumbo by extending his legs and back. So I think I'd try a regular high chair for feeding.

jhmom
05-11-2005, 12:32 PM
I don't think the bumbo would be the best choice for the long run because the child will outgrow it so quickly. I agree that the Fisher Price Healthy Booster Chair would be a better option. I have read wonderful reviews of that booster. My sister is using it as her primary feeding seat with her 6 month old old (no high chair). Good luck! Kerri

momceecers
05-12-2005, 12:14 AM
you've gotten good advice here. We really like our Bumbo (used it tonight), but I don't think I'd use it to replace my high chair.

Cindy

anika2005
05-12-2005, 08:21 AM
thank you very much for the comments. I'll look at the booster seat