PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive Swing Set

mom2binsd
05-28-2005, 06:44 PM
We don't plan on living in our current house for many years so we don't want to buy an expensive set, anyone bought the swing sets either from Toyrus, Kmart or Walmart? I'm looking to spend under 200 dollars. We just want a slide and swings and our DD is turning 2 this week.

Thanks

MelissaTC
05-28-2005, 06:50 PM
My friend bought a set from Wal-Mart last summer. It is the smallest set they sell. I would steer away from that one since it will be outgrown quickly. There is a great one now for around $150 that I think we will buy. It has more than enough things on it and if there are a few kids playing with it, there will be plenty of room for movement, etc.. We are going with an inexpensive set for similar reasons. We are moving by 2008 ( or sooner if things pan out financially) and I don't want to invest in anything nice. Once we move into our new home, we will probably go with Cedarworks or Rainbow.

sarahs
05-29-2005, 01:23 PM
We just got this one for $89 on sale from KMart...

http://www.kmart.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=116921&Ne=380&N=991&Nty=1&categoryId=991&pCategoryId=380&gpCategoryId=176&nomerch=1

We have been really pleased. I wanted something to hang our plastic toddler swings from, and something small enough to fit on our (large) screened in porch. It comes with a see saw but we didn't put that on yet.

It won't last forever, but for under $100, it is perfect for us.

macassi
05-29-2005, 03:47 PM
My inlaws bought us a set from Toys R Us one year. It has a nice slide and spots for three swing with a ladder across the top for monkey bar activities. It's not very big, but my kids have really enjoyed it. Even my 7 year old will still run his cars down the slide and play on the swings. The only downside is that the wood does weather and will cause splinters. I personally would have bought a nice set if I had had a say, but I can't say that my kids haven't gotten tons of use out of this set. And, if we weren't the laziest people in the world, I'm sure we could take some fine sandpaper to the set each summer and we'd be splinter free in no time.