PDA

View Full Version : Which of these toys need to go at 23 months?

pixelprincess
06-03-2005, 12:58 AM
I am tired of the piles of toys that have taken over our smallish home.
It's time for them to go. Just wondering what is age appropriate for DS now so I don't get rid of something that still has potential?

Leapfrog table
Parents mag Bee Bop Band
Push Buggy
Small ride on firetruck
Leapfrog Discovery Ball
Leapfrog Phonics Radio
Leapfrog Drum (ok, a lot of the leapfrog toys were gifts)

thanks.

lisams
06-03-2005, 01:24 AM
Here's my vote:
LF ball and LF drum. I put these away when DD turned 2 and she never missed them (although she never really played with them much, just here and there in passing). She still loves anything pushable and rideable.

Lisa

pixelprincess
06-03-2005, 01:37 AM
Thanks Lisa. He barely plays with some of the above, though I keep thinking he might want them.

slknight
06-03-2005, 07:15 AM
We don't have most of the LF stuff, so I'm not too sure. But I would keep the Bee Bop Band and the ride-on firetruck. We keep the Bee Bop Band in the closet, but will take it out on occasion and DS likes to make music. And at 25 months he still loves his ride-on horse, so I'm thinking your firetruck will stay popular for awhile. Not sure on the LF table. I put ours away a long time ago because I wasn't a big fan. But it's in the basement, and I think he would still play with it occasionally if I put in new batteries (he goes over to it and shows some interest).

August Mom
06-03-2005, 07:22 AM
I'd definitely put away the LF ball, drum and table. I'd keep the band and the firetruck. I'm not sure about the push buggy. It depends what that is, but if it's something DS can push and put items in, I'd keep it. The Phonics Radio is a tough call. You could definitely get by without it, but it might still have some interest if your DS likes to sing, dance and/or carry things around.

amp
06-03-2005, 08:32 AM
I would put away the Leapfrog table (we put ours away around 1 yr) and the Discovery Ball and the radio (maybe...I don't know what this one is).

I would recommend keeping the Bee Bop Band, push buggy, ride on fire truck. And if there's a drum in the band, get rid of the LF one too.

>Leapfrog table
>Parents mag Bee Bop Band
>Push Buggy
>Small ride on firetruck
>Leapfrog Discovery Ball
>Leapfrog Phonics Radio
>Leapfrog Drum (ok, a lot of the leapfrog toys were gifts)
>
>thanks.

pixelprincess
06-06-2005, 12:29 AM
thanks all. DS barely plays with a lot of his toys so I keep thinking one of these days he will.