PDA

View Full Version : Kettler Navigator from One Step Ahead - my review

LucyG
06-07-2005, 01:21 PM
I know that folks are always on the look-out for good prices on Kettlers, so I wanted to report on the one we got from OSA. The "Limited Edition Navigator" is $129.95, and the other Kettler they offer is $99.95. We went with the navigator version because of the swivel wheels. DD still needs to be pushed, and after trying out Kiddios at TRU, and Kettlers at Learning Express, (with and without swivel wheels), we decided they were worth the extra money. The non-navigator version from OSA has all the same features as the navigator, minus the swivel wheels. Plus, it has a handbrake that the navigator does not.

There is usually at least a 10% off coupon code for OSA floating around, and I think someone posted a 15% off one in the bargains forum for June. Anyway, with 15% off, the trike came to $110.45. With shipping, it was $122.48. Since we are Ebates members, we get an additional 5% back in our Ebates account. Obviously, if you opt for the non-navigator version, you will pay less (around $98 with shipping, I believe).

The trike is GREAT! It comes with several features that you normally have to add on to Kettlers (seat belt and parent pushbar), and includes optional steering lock, as well as the auto-freewheel feature (wheels do not spontaneously move when parent pushes, so child's feet do not get whacked by the pedals). The seat has four adjustable positions, as does the frame. A fun dump bucket comes with the trike. The wheels are hard rubber with treads, and seem to be of a much better quality than you would find on a plastic big wheel (no plasticky noise on the driveway when we push the trike).

Before purchasing, I called Kettler International to verify that the OSA trikes are, indeed, authorized Kettlers, and they are. They come with a 3-year residential warranty from Kettler.

I'm sure it may be possible to find a Kettler at an independent store or website for a better price than the OSA models, but this was the best I could find, with the added features, right now. Just wanted to pass the word along that we are very happy with this trike and its features!

ETA: My tinyurl link would not work, but you can go to the One Step Ahead website (www.onestepahead.com) and search under "Kettler" to find both tricycles.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]
2 years and counting!

brittone2
06-07-2005, 01:58 PM
Awesome review and I'm thrilled that you are happy w/ it. We're probably going this route for DS's Christmas or Bday present this year.