PDA

View Full Version : Baby Shower Registry List at BRU & ??? Sending Invitations out Monday Help!

colegiala
06-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Hi,
I did my shower list at BRU, but how do I go about listing some items that are not at BRU, but would like to have them in my baby shower list. Some of the items are specific website vendors, like the hotsling baby carrier and other items recommended here. Is there a website you can post your list as a secondary list from Bru. Or do I just list these product's websites and add it to my baby shower invitation?

Having my shower in about 2 weeks and baby girl in less than 6 weeks. Will be sending out invitations on Monday, help!

Thanks for any suggestions,
Gaby

ajrivers
06-10-2005, 12:43 PM
We actually just bought the things ourselves that weren't at BRU since they were at multiple other stores. You'll be surprised (and a bit frustrated) at how many things that people buy you off your registry so keeping it to just one place is probably the best thing.

The other option is to just verbally tell the organizers and they can pass the word around...

Amy

brittone2
06-10-2005, 01:32 PM
I know where I live people do it all of the time but the etiquette experts always say you should never mention registry/gift info on an invitation.

Word of mouth is supposedly the most polite way, and in that case the shower hostess could mention the "other" items you need.

FWIW i'm not offended when I see registry info on an invite, but "true etiquette" is that you never put it on the invitation and instead use word-of-mouth.

HannaAddict
06-10-2005, 01:39 PM
Although registries are helpful, the items you request should be passed around by word of mouth, if someone asks where you are registered. You really aren't supposed to, at least per Emily Post :), put registry info of any type in the invitations. I know people do, but I am always a little put-off. As a guest, I have no problem asking the expectant mother/bride/etc. where she is registered - or asking the hostess. And I usually try and get something off the registry as well as a gift that is fun for me to pick out, that I would like the mom-to-be/baby to have.

As the prior poster said, don't be surprised if you don't get a lot off of your registry. Traditionally, baby showers weren't too outfit the whole nursery, but more to buy smaller gifts like clothes, rattles, etc. for the baby. It is only fairly recently that the baby shower has gone into the zone of wedding showers.

Congratulations and hope the shower is fun.

Kimberly
3/18/04

dianna
06-10-2005, 11:26 PM
I did 95% of my stuff at BRU, but for the things that they didn't carry that I wanted (fancy diaper bag, stroller, car seat, etc.) I just made a list and when our moms asked what they could get us, we gave them items from that list. Since they are buying the higher ticket items anyway, that worked well. I also went on the philosophy that I can buy whatever isn't bought, and my entire registry isn't going to get purchased anyway, so a few items from other stores can easily be purchased on my own.