PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone own a Ryan's Room dollhouse?

nigele
06-15-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm thinking of getting this dollhouse for DS for his third birthday. (Although I'm planning to call it his "toy house" so that his Dad will be okay with it, LOL.) DS loved playing with it at the toy store and the accessories are too cute.

http://www.learningexpress.com/childrens_toys/partNumber_SG5516380/proj.html

I'd love any feedback if you own this or any other Ryan's Room dollhouse!

MelissaTC
06-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Lisa, we don't have it but Matthew gravitates toward it everytime we go to Learning Express. My Aunt's husband (weird calling him my uncle because he is not her first DH) built my cousins a dollhouse based on their own home and my Aunt purchased all the Ryan's Room furniture, etc... They love it and it has held up to a lot of abuse!

MelissaTC
06-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Oops!

squimp
06-15-2005, 11:13 PM
We have that toyhouse, but I am saving it for later (when, I am not sure ;)). We do have a few rooms of furniture that we keep in a basket, and DD loves to play dollhouse. The Ryan's Room furniture is nice, DD loves the baby room with stroller and crib and baby doll. I think playing with the furniture set has helped her manual dexterity, at least tested it.

FYI, Creative Brains has this for $79.99 and free shipping.

http://www.creativebrainsonline.com/ryanroomhomi.html

lfp2n
06-16-2005, 08:46 AM
We have the Melissa and Doug house that comes with furniture. I think the actual M and D and Ryans Room houses are pretty similar (maybe you can get into the RR better, a pet peeve of mine is that its very hard for a small child to access the bottom storey).
The main difference is the furniture; the Ryans Room sets (I'm not sure if an furniture comes with that house) are much better quality and more fun. We have bought the babies room set, the tool shed and the pets set, and DD loves playing with these. She really uses them more out of the house on the floor, the house is really a furniture storage place so far.

HIH

Lucy DD 3/03

stillplayswithbarbies
06-16-2005, 09:13 AM
Check out Tuesday Morning. They have several wooden dollhouses right now.