PDA

View Full Version : The surprising appeal of Mr Potato Head

squimp
06-15-2005, 11:20 PM
Does anyone else's DC just love this toy? Our babysitter went to Disneyworld on vacation a few weeks ago, and brought back a Mr Potato Head set, complete with Mickey Mouse ears, Minnie mouse shoes, etc. DD LOVES this. She plays with it every day, sometimes multiple times. I am not a huge fan of the plastic toys, but man she really is having a great time. It is just hilarious to hear her talk about "mis-tato-head" and "mickey mouse" (who she had never seen before).

momtoemma
06-16-2005, 08:07 AM
My DD's both love Mr. Potato Head! The older one enjoys changing out the faces, and the younger one tries her best to get the pieces in the holes! She knows what you're supposed to do, but she's a bit young to actually be able to play with it. DH desperately wants me to buy the darth vader potato head that was recently released with the latest Star Wars movie!

zuzu
06-16-2005, 09:05 AM
Sarah got one last year (the basic model) as a gift for Christmas and didn't really get into it until a few months ago. She really likes playing with it now. I often forget we have it and rarely remember to take it out of the toy closet, but she will go to the door and say "I want potato, please." The first few times we thought she was hungry, and then realized she wanted the toy.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

stillplayswithbarbies
06-16-2005, 09:12 AM
Logan calls it "Taya head" and has been playing with one since last year. Now she puts it in her stroller and pushes it around.

At first she just put the pieces in the holes anywhere, but now she is recognizing where the mouth goes etc.

pamela mom of 3
06-16-2005, 02:07 PM
My youngest gets a real kick out of his Potato heads, we have one "normal" MR Potato and one "Darth" Tater LOL :P honestly even my older girls get silly with it! who would have thought a plastic potato could provide such fun? :D

~Pamela mom to the trio of trouble
2 girls, 9 & 6.5yrs and one boy almost 4.5yrs

Sarah1
06-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Audrey LOVES tato-head. It's our most reliable toy, definitelY! Probably the only "toy" (as opposed to our easel, play-doh, etc) that she actually plays with. She's pretty much over everything else these days.

LucyG
06-17-2005, 03:03 PM
"Tah head" is very popular with my DD. We have the Potato Head bucket from Target (3 potatoes with numerous accessories), and she loves to dump them all out and create potato people.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]
2 years and counting!

Kimberly H
06-17-2005, 08:10 PM
Mia loves 'TatoHead and likes to make Oobi eyes with her hands and Potato Head's eyes from the Target bucket. Didn't realize there were special sets so now I'm on the lookout...

bchafin
06-19-2005, 06:26 AM
My DS love his Darth Tater. For other Star Wars fans, be on the lookout for a Spud Trooper this fall!

Barb