PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Bauer High Chair

newyearsbaby
06-20-2005, 01:38 AM
Hi! I am considering the Eddie Bauer high chair manufactured (wood/plastic hybrid) by Cosco, however Cosco historically has received poor ratings. Has anyone tried this chair and if so, what is your opinion of it? Thanks!!

Gena
06-20-2005, 09:41 AM
We have it and we love it. Hubby & I can't stand the look of plastic high chairs, so we we wanted wood. This has a classic wooden look and the convenience of an easy to clean plastic tray.

We've had no problems. The seat cover is cloth, which I know some people don't like, but it washes well and hasn't been an issue for us.

holliam
06-20-2005, 09:48 AM
We love ours. The cover washes easily in the wash, and we just ordered an extra cover and 3 extra tray inserts for like $23 including shipping.

Holli

crl
06-20-2005, 12:23 PM
We've had it since last Sept and are quite happy. DS was 14 months when we got and nearly 2 now. He's a big kid and it still works well for him. It is very sturdy and looks much better than plastic in my opinion--important for us since you can see the highchair from our front door. We ditched the cloth seat cover pretty quickly. I took it out to wash it and DS didn't seem to care it was gone so I never put it back.

mommyj_2
06-20-2005, 12:30 PM
We've had ours for a year and we love it. I didn't like the logo all over the chair, so I replaced the pad with a seat cushion from Ikea. Everyone who comes over calls it my DS' little throne.

stonecali
07-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Where did you get extra seat covers and trays for this chair?
Thanks!

hellosmiletoday
07-24-2005, 08:32 PM
Until DD started finger feeding I loved the chair. I still like it, but I cannot use the cover on it ever since DD started throwing food allover the chair (including in her seat).

Some other issues are the lack of 5 pt restraint...and awkward 3 pt restraint system. Has anyone else had any problems using it. I found it very annoying and I looped the two straps in the wooden rungs on the back of the chair to make the restraint similar to the typical 3 pt harness. I hope I make sense, as its hard to describe!

Although I have found it annoying, I'm sure its even more fustrating to clean food from all the grooves in a vinyl plastic seat. At least its very easy to clean the wood of this high chair. I've been using soapy water, or Kirkland non-toxic cleaner.

So I would likely buy the same high chair if I had to do it over, but I wish some of the obvious defects in the product would be corrected -- then it would be PERFECT!

HTH

hellosmiletoday
07-24-2005, 08:33 PM
Where did you order inserts?

stonecali
07-24-2005, 08:43 PM
I just called the Dorel Juvenile Group and you can order all the different parts to the chair (trays, covers.....right down to extra screws!). You just have to give them the manufacture date and the serial number of your chair (they will help you find it).

Dorel Juvenile Group
1-800-544-1108
(7 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST Monday through Thursday,
and 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST on Fridays)

holliam
07-25-2005, 07:41 AM
You can just toss the cover in the wash. We just wipe it off after meals and wash it with other kitchen laundry a couple times a week. I would not have bought the highchair if it had a plastic seat pad.

We haven't really had any problem with the restraints either.

Really, we love this chair!

Holli