PDA

View Full Version : Booster for Grandma's house

lpl47
06-21-2005, 11:20 AM
We recently switched DS from his high chair to a Kinderzeat at home and absolutely love it. BUT, we're getting ready to spend 2 weeks visiting both our grandparents. I know DS will never tolerate going back to the highchair (each grandparent house has a highchair) what booster would you recommend for a 21 month old?

ellies mom
06-21-2005, 11:33 AM
My parents bought the Fisher-Price Healthy Care booster seat. Why we like it? Easy to carry, straps to the chair and the baby, tray insert fits in dishwasher, adjustable height and removable back. What might be a problem, it seems on the small side, but my DD is on the small side. You don't need to use the tray and the back removes so that helps extend the life. We are going on a trip back east with my parents. They are bringing the seat. If I still like it as much, we'll be picking up another one when we get home.

http://tinyurl.com/arkyq

August Mom
06-21-2005, 11:55 AM
We like the Cooshie Booster (and I think that BRU carries a comparable by Prince Lionheart now). It has no straps, which was our big issue with DS in the high chair, so he likes that and it seemed to be comfortable for him. There's no tray or anything, so DS can eat at the table like everyone else.

murpheyblue
06-21-2005, 11:56 AM
We have the FP Healthy Care booster as well and love it.

lpl47
06-21-2005, 12:53 PM
I was worried it might be too small for an older toddler - but I didn't realize the back removes... I've heard great things about this booster.

samiam
06-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Another vote here for the FP Healthy Booster - no complaints about it.

momma_boo
06-21-2005, 08:44 PM
I also recommend the Fisher Price Healthy Care booster seat. I bought it the first time for my parent's house (they were taking care of DD once a week) and it was very easy to use. I ended up getting another one to use at home when DD wouldn't sit in her high chair anymore. We are still using it for her. We never really used the tray part.

Another plus, minimal set up when you get it. I initially bought one by Safety 1st but it had to be assembled. I didn't want to deal with it, so I actually returned it!