PDA

View Full Version : Activity Gym

mommytobe2005
06-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Does anyone have recommendations on an activity gym? My head is spinning from trying to pick the best one. I've looked at Baby Einstein, Gymini and the Carter's one that is shaped like a butterfly. I NEED help please...lol ok a little dramatic I know, but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

smilequeen
06-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Simon LOVED the baby Einstein gym, but that's the only one I have any experience with :)

smilequeen
06-22-2005, 03:57 PM
double post...sorry

mommytobe2005
06-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Thanks. Anyone else have any recommendations??

elliput
06-22-2005, 06:45 PM
We bought the Gymini Total Playground Activity Mat. We liked the larger size, the ability to snap up the edges to form a contained area (DD is rolling over both ways now so the border option doesn't work for us anymore), mirror, and the music/animal sounds options. DD loves playing with this and only gets frustrated when she can roll due to running into one of the arches. I like that I can move all of the toys around on it in order to keep DD's interest. There are also several tactile objects sewn on to the matt to help develope fine motor skills. This has been a great purchase for us.

HTH!

mommytobe2005
06-22-2005, 09:35 PM
I saw the Gymini but the only one they had was the black, white, and red one.

TahliasMom
06-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Gymini, the deluxe one. DD loved it from about 2 - 6 months when she started crawling. don't bother with the red, black and white one because it's very short lived.

Sillygirl
06-23-2005, 10:08 AM
We have the Gymini Deluxe and it's been great. I keep it next to the computer and it keeps Jonathan busy while I play Bejeweled 2 - I mean while I do important work!

knaidel
06-23-2005, 01:10 PM
We have the black and white gymini. It's ugly, but DS loves it. We bought the Tiny Love windchime for it and he loves to bat at it. I saw the Lamaze one at a friend's and I think that ones by Tiny Love or Baby Einstein are better.
Honestly, if your kid likes playing on the activity mat, (s)he won't care if it's from Baby Einstein or Gymini.
If you're buying it yourself, get the cheap one and just add the chimes. If someone else is getting it for you and it's within their budget, then splurge for the deluxe one.

vdrake71
06-23-2005, 01:21 PM
We bought the Gymini Deluxe and love it. I do think that many of the activity gyms are similar. My son really loved the music piece of the gym and that I could move the toys around.

momtogrant
06-23-2005, 03:31 PM
We have the Gymini Deluxe. DS has used it since 3 weeks old and is still using it at 6 months (now he sits in it and bats at things) We added the tiny love wind chimes and he still loves these.
Good luck!

eb1
06-23-2005, 09:14 PM
My vote is for the Baby Einstein mat. DS loved it, and more importantly, it was the one I preferred looking at. DS was in love with the musical star.