PDA

View Full Version : Rave for Toano Toy Works

laretce6
06-22-2005, 08:31 PM
I wanted to share how great this company was to work with.

www.goodwoodtoys.com

I had looked at this site a good while ago when someone else posted about it but had never gotten around to ordering anything.

About 2 months ago we were at the home of one of DHs colleagues and they pulled out a vintage Fisher-Price toy for DD to play with. It was a wooden pull toy of a duck with an egg resting on its "back" and when you pulled the duck around the egg would turn over and over. DD was so fascinated by this thing that I added it to my list of birthday ideas for her. After much googling the only place I found that carried anything similar was the site above.

I ordered their duck and egg pull toy for DD's birthday as well as several peg people to put away for her Christmas stocking. I called Monday and spoke directly with the owner who was very helpful. I received the package today and of course had to take everything out and play with it myself :-) DD LOVES the pull toy and I almost caved and gave it to her now, but managed to restrain myself and put it away for her birthday. The workmanship on these toys is impeccable.

There are a number of really cool things on the site that would be great for unique gifts, including a barn that can be personalized and would be fabulous for Holztiger figures.

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04

jenny76
06-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Oh, wow! I *live* in Toano and pass that place often (which is hard not to, since Toano is all of 31 square miles), but I don't think I actually ever given it a second thought. I'll definitely have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

octmom
06-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Isn't Toano close to Williamsburg? I want to say that I've stopped for BBQ there. Is Pierce's in Toano?

I live in Cville.

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

kensjen
06-24-2005, 05:37 PM
I totally agree! I have been meaning to post about this for a long time.

Jim, the toymaker, is awesome! He has made a few things for my son, and also some gifts for my nephew. Love the toddler train set! He will personalize things with names and dates, which I really love. His prices are incredibly reasonable, considering the amount of time it must take him to make these toys. I love some of the bigger sets, and hope to get one for Jonah when he gets a big older. The pirate ship is so cute!

My favorite thing is the Jonah and the whale set I got for my son Jonah. :) It is a cute little pull whale and it kinds of dips when it rolls. It is so cute, and he loves it. It is a simple toy, and very inexpensive, but one of our favorites.

Yes, give Jim a call. He is awesome to work with and you will not be disappointed in his toys!!!!

mykidzmom
06-26-2005, 08:15 AM
Thanks for posting about this website! :) I love his toys. I am going to go ahead and place an order for Christmas, because it sounds like he gets booked up with orders fairly quick. I want the doll house for my little girl, she will be close to 3...so I'm hoping she will be old enough. If not, I'll just put it up until she's ready for it. Thanks again...such cute stuff!

jenny76
06-26-2005, 10:45 AM
Yep, Toano is just on the outskirts of Williamsburg. Pierce's is technically in Williamsburg, so you probably remember seeing the signs on 64 for Toano, which is an exit or two before the one you would take for Pierce's.

I've spent lots of time in Charlottesville, and exit 120 is also our pit stop whenever we travel to and from my in-laws' place in Blacksburg.

Jennifer