PDA

View Full Version : Good toys for 10 month old?

hapahaolegirl
06-23-2005, 05:56 PM
I'd like a few toys that will last DD a while. I noticed people mention Little People on here, are those good toys that DD can use for a while? I just don't want to buy her anymore toys that she will grow out of too fast. DH thinks DD has too many toys as it is but really she doesn't have many, just lots of stuffed animals that she has no interest in at this point. Plus they were all gifts so they don't count right?
Any other specific toys that anyone could recommend would be highly appreciated!
BTW DD is almost walking as well if that has any matter in what toys I should get her.

Thanks!

Kristen

laretce6
06-23-2005, 07:17 PM
DD doesn't have many toys, but right now she's very into fabric blocks (we have the parents-around-the-block wagon which came with blocks), a big dumptruck which she likes to spin the wheels of, gertie ball, a matchbox car from our nephew's collection that she latched onto so they gave it to her :-), any toy that makes noise when you shake it (real, non-electronic noise I mean), soft shapes books and board books.

Burton White's The First Three Years has some good toy suggestions by age (I actually disagree with a lot of what he has to say in the book, but so far the toy suggestions have been dead on).

ETA: I totally forgot stacking cups and that's probably her favorite thing. She can't actually stack them yet, but likes to drag them around the house and practices nesting them in one another. We have the Sassy set which were a gift, but if I was choosing my own I would have gotten the Discovery Toys set.

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04