PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: I found it...ISO this "thing"

hellokitty1
06-24-2005, 11:05 AM
ETA: We found out this was bought at a specific Target store in our area. So we went searching Friday night and found it. $20 in a very generic box. I imagine it's a knockoff of what everyone has posted here. I appreciate everyone's posts. If we did not find it, we would've been buying one of these below. Here's a picture:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27804.jpg

And if you're wondering, the toy is a blast and is great for burning energy indoors when it's just toooo hot to go outside.

Thanks again for all the replies.

Okay, this is a long shot but I'm looking for a toy that Sydney likes to play with at school but I have not had a chance to ask ther person at school that might know where it is from...

It's a bouncy call type thing that looks like a donkey and you sit on it and it has a handle and you can jump around. Concept-wise, it like this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002FYRCA/qid%3D1119628100/sr%3D2-2/ref%3Dpd%5Fbbs%5Fb%5F2%5F2/102-6153876-9133739

But it's not ball-shaped. It's bottom is actually somewhat flat so even though you can bounce around on it, you can't roll over like a ball. The one I've seen is like a royal blue color.

Any ideas?

Vivian
Mom to Sydney (4/24/03)
www.thelins.znot.net (FINALLY updated 6/15/05!)

miki
06-24-2005, 11:26 AM
Is it this guy? It's called a Rody. I've seen them in various catalogs. SIL got one for DD in green so that's another color out there.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27705.jpg

hellokitty1
06-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Thanks Wen. This isn't it but it seems very similar. The one I'm thinking of is a little more rounder like a ball, the shape is not so animal like.

But if I can't find it, this looks pretty cool too. Thanks a lot. I thought I would get zero responses.

Vivian
Mom to Sydney (4/24/03)

geochick
06-25-2005, 02:27 PM
This one is a little more ball shaped, but isn't flat on the bottom. I had one when I was a kid called a Hoppity Horse.

http://www.buyabetta.com/products/health/aae/horseballs.htm
(look at the bottom of this link)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27748.jpg

MelissaTC
06-25-2005, 09:44 PM
LE has the Rody...Matthew loves bouncing on it whenever we go there...

tigalig
06-26-2005, 01:34 PM
Hearthsong has a bouncing pony that sounds like the item that you are describing. I have only seen it in catalogs and on-line.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/27782.jpg

It's the one in the lower right corner. Here's the website:

http://hearthsong.com/hearthsong/product.do?section_id=0&bc=1005&pgc=21&cmvalue=HS|0|Normal%20Search%20Result|P3

pritchettzoo
06-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Oh man that's cute! And $20! Do you have the SKU number or name so I can stalk Target? :)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
and a BOY! (coming July '05)

hellokitty1
06-28-2005, 08:35 AM
Let me take a look to see if we still have the box or what is on the receipt. It may be tomorrow until I get back to you.

Vivian
Mom to Sydney (4/24/03)

mykidzmom
06-28-2005, 08:40 AM
That looks so cute! :) I think I need to get one for my little ones. Especially since you said it's good for burning energy indoors. I have a 2.5 yr. old and a 2 yr. old, and they are FULL of energy!! I'll check out my Target today. Thanks for posting the pic!

hellokitty1
07-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Sorry it took me so long. The SKU on the receipt is 082020630. The SKU o the box has an extra '9' in front of it. I took a picture of the box too but don't have it with me to upload right now. The box is light yellow and about a foot high and has a picture of a girl sitting on the horse (I think it looks more like a donkey, though).
HTH.

Vivian
Mom to Sydney (4/24/03)

momtoemma
07-01-2005, 10:21 AM
I happened to stumble on to this toy yesterday at my Target. First I looked in the toys section and couldn't find it. Then, I was back in the sporting goods/outdoors section looking for bike accessories, and there it was! So, if you are hunting this toy, check out this section of your store. There were a few other outdoor type toys that I might buy at a later time too.

hellokitty1
07-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Thanks for clarifying where it is in the store. I sent DH on a hunt with DD to find it while I shopped the clearance aisles so I had no idea where it was. :-) BTW, i ahve found that roaming the Clearance aisles at Target is like my therapy.

Vivian
Mom to Sydney (4/24/03)

pritchettzoo
07-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Thank you! We're hunting for it now. :)

Anna

luvtoshop
07-02-2005, 05:21 PM
I just saw a pink Rody at our local toy store. DD jumped on it and started bouncing immediately. Will have to look for the similar one it at Target.

spunkybaby
07-03-2005, 09:36 PM
I found one in the sporting goods/outdoors section at Target as well. It was with the fitness equipment (exercise balls etc.) Thanks for the tip--it looks like a lot of fun, although DD's probably too young for it right now.

BTW--my box is light blue and says "Bouncing Horse." No real brand or manufacturer. It just says "Distributed by Target" on the bottom.

Not-so-new mom to a spunky baby
March 2004

cvharris
07-04-2005, 11:30 AM
I guess there is both a red kangaroo and a blue horse under the same SKU at Target. We had purchased the kangaroo and it's actually too tall for Ben to sit on it and have his legs touch the ground. (He's 36" tall). We ended up having to pick it up and bounce it with him on it which is not easy for a pregnant woman to do, but he does love it. I think I'm going to look for the horse just to see if it is any smaller top to bottom.

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)
Baby #2 due 12/22/05

spunkybaby
07-04-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm not Vivian, but I saw the kangaroo at Target too, and I think the blue horse is lower to the ground. DD's feet don't touch the ground yet, but they almost do, and she's not quite 30" tall. So I think the horse may work better for your DS.

HTH

Not-so-new mom to a spunky baby
March 2004

pritchettzoo
07-04-2005, 05:31 PM
We did the same thing! Gracie kept falling face-first-forward with the Kangaroo. We just blew up the Horse and she's sitting on it with her feet on the floor. She's a little over 35" tall.

Anna

cvharris
07-04-2005, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the info! I went to another Target and found the horse. It is much lower - Ben's feet touch the floor with bent knees. He loves bouncing around on this thing. Ours does have quite the rubbery smell, though.

Carolee
Mama to Ben (6/03)
Baby #2 due 12/22/05

hellokitty1
07-06-2005, 08:45 AM
Looks like it's been confirmed that the horse (I still think it looks more like a donkey) is lower to the ground than the kangaroo. I never saw the 'roo so I don't know. But even on the horse, Sydney's feet barely touch; she's pretty small. We leave it on the carpeted area so if she falls off, it doesn't hurt. If she is only half focused when she tries to get on it, she tends to topple over. But it's humorous for us all.

Glad everyone is enjoying it. BTW, DH loves the pump that comes with it. He says it's great bc it continues to inflate air both pumping and retracting (does that make sense?). Anyway, he recommends using the pump for all your other air toys too.

Vivian
Mom to Sydney (4/24/03)