PDA

View Full Version : Two questions about LL Bean ...

Toba
06-25-2005, 02:41 PM
Firstly, does anyone have any discount code for LL Bean? I'm looking for anything ... a percentage off, free shipping, ANYTHING! Anyone?

Secondly, we were at the beach today and saw someone with this:
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&langId=-1&catalogId=1&categoryId=36545&parentCategory=3886&cat4=1096&productId=560054&display_id=28715&feat=ssdpa1096&catalog_id=TA&from=&rtnComp=&attrValue_1=Sky%20Blue

It seemed perfect for the beach and they said it was very lightweight and went up fairly easy. It was quite breezy today at the ocean and while other regular umbrellas where flying all over the place today (I was amazed there were no injuries!), this beach shade stayed put. They had the larger of the two sizes and it didn't seem that big at all. It was a mother, father and 14 month old baby. The father was laying down in it, the mother was sitting in a chair half way in and out and the daughter was playing in the sand while sitting on the edge of it.

Anybody have one of these and any pros/cons you have found with it?

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

JElaineB
06-25-2005, 07:22 PM
There is a free shipping code out there - there are some posts on LL Bean backpacks from last week that it was in. I think in Reality Layette but I'm not sure.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

jubilee
06-26-2005, 02:49 AM
here's the link with the free shipping code (it's in the original post). I don't know when it expires.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=35791&mode=full&page=2

mykidzmom
06-26-2005, 09:33 PM
I just used the code to purchase 2 of the small backpacks. (BTW, thanks for posting about those Julie!) Anyway, the shipping is now $2 instead of free.

JLiebCamm
06-26-2005, 09:40 PM
I have the Sun Shelter and like it. I think it's a bit tough to get up and wouldn't try to assmeble it without my husband being there. Once up, the shelter really was great place to keep DS out of the sun. It does pack up nicely.