PDA

View Full Version : Did I really find THE Discovery Airport?

ethansmom
06-25-2005, 06:39 PM
So, from what I've read, FP discontinued their LP Discovery Airport and replaced it with a regular airport, which doesn't have sound. Now, I'm not a huge fan of battery toys, but I keep hearing how kiddos love the Discovery version, and DS is really into planes and plane sounds.

I think they used to sell for around $40. I got one on sale as a gift for $20, but not positive about original price.

Anyhow, I was TRU yesterday and they had a bunch of the boxes labelled Discovery Airport and they were only $24.99. Any idea if this is the discontinued version? I didn't see any mention on the box about the need for batteries. I also checked the FP website to no avail.

Thanks for any help!!!

icunurse
06-25-2005, 07:40 PM
I can't tell you about a price difference, but I believe the older/better version says on the box things about what it does (ie. move person here and it does whatever). The newer version doesn't have automatic sounds that are created when you move certain objects to different places. We wanted the older version, but the only box was really beat up......
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting for #2!