PDA

View Full Version : Kettler Trikes

Jajsmom
06-26-2005, 09:52 AM
Which Kettler would you reccommend for a 14 month old? I would like one of the models with the push handle and tipping bucket. Would the Jumbo be too big? Babystyle has $50 off of $150 which would make it a good deal. Still has $15 surcharge but the site doesn't say if the push handle is included or not. Doesn't the Jumbo model come with the push handle? I have the Kettler catalog which says it does but do some places ship it without? Can any one help me out? I'm hoping to order one today. I also like the air happy but it doesn't have the bucket which I would really like. Or does anyone else know where I can get a deal on one?

Thanks.

LucyG
06-26-2005, 12:47 PM
One Step Ahead carries two Kettler models. They are identical except for the fact that one is a Navigator model (meaning it has rear swivel wheels to make it easier for parents to push). Both models come with the dump bucket, parent push bar, and have a feature that allows you to lock the steering column. Also, both have auto-freewheel, which means the pedals do not turn while the parent pushes. Both have seats and frames with four adjustable positions. The non-Navigator version is $99.95, and the Navigator is $129.95. Neither model has air tires, but the rubber ones are very sturdy. Both are authentic Kettler trikes. Shipping is around $13. There is usually a 15% off code for One Step Ahead each month. You can Google "One step ahead coupons," and the code will generally come up. Also, if you are a member of ebates, you can get 5% back if you go through their website to make the purchase.

We got the One Step Ahead Navigator for our two-year-old DD last month, and have been extremely pleased with it. Good luck!

Oh, try either BDAYJUNE or JUNEBDAY for the coupon codes. I think they do one each month.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]
2 years and counting!

Jajsmom
06-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Don't they charge a $33 surcharge or something around that price?

Thanks

LucyG
06-27-2005, 07:20 AM
Nothing like that applied to the trike we bought! I just paid the regular price (minus 15% for the discount), and the $13 shipping and handling. It arrived by Fed Ex four days after I ordered, and I chose the cheapest shipping option.

2 years and counting!

Jajsmom
06-27-2005, 07:48 AM
Thank You. I see the extra surcharge was for 2 day fedex delivery. Now to decide which model to get. Does anyone know if the handbrake model is difficult to steer? Also, how easy would it be for a child to stop the trike with no hand brake?

Thanks.

LucyG
06-27-2005, 09:17 AM
I have not tried to steer the non-handbrake model, but we decided to go for the swivel wheels (Navigator) over the handbrake because we knew our DD would need to be pushed for a while yet. The swivel wheels do make it very easy to push and turn corners. Also, we live in a relatively flat area, so figured that she wouldn't be going down too many steep hills on her trike.

2 years and counting!

vdrake71
06-27-2005, 01:12 PM
For my DS one year birthday, we bought him the Air Navigator. It comes with the push handle and the tipping bucket. Just make sure that you get the seat belt. Your might want to check out the coop section in the boards because it looks like they are trying to get a coop together.

kali
06-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Is there a model that has both a handbrake and a pushbar? (Doesn't have to be from OneStepAhead.)

If not, how does the child brake when they are old enough to ride the trike without a parent pushing it?

Thanks

kali
06-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Oops, sorry, I meant to ask if the handbrake is available with the Navigator feature, not the pushbar. I want to be able to steer easily with the pushbar, as we'll use the trike as a stroller substitute for walks with our 1-year old, but later on I want him to be able to brake easily. Thanks!