PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Playmobil?

tigalig
06-26-2005, 05:17 PM
DS spotted a Playmobil display and wants, wants, wants the fire station and all that comes with it (incl. real water hoses that spray water) for his 4th birthday. Does anyone have experience with Playmobil? I realize they're plastic and shunned for that, but if you're wiling to have some plastic in your house and can share your experience, I'd really appreciate it.

mykidzmom
06-26-2005, 09:03 PM
My oldest son who is 11, has almost every Playmobil piece ever made. He started collecting Playmobil around your son's age, and he dearly loved it. My aunt still has the Playmobil my cousin's had when they were little. They are now grown with kids of their own. I really like how realistic everything looks, but all the little pieces about drove me crazy!! With my 2.5 yr. old...I plan on sticking with mostly wooden toys. But, if your DS likes the Playmobil...I would definitely give it a try. Like I said before, my older son just loved it, and it kept him entertained for hours.

AngelaS
06-27-2005, 05:29 AM
My oldest is 7.5 and she LOVES Playmobil! My 3yo does as well but doesn't have the collection her older sister does....yet. LOL :D

I have nothing against plastic so we have a fair amount of it here. Playmobil is one of their favorite things to play with and they love to set up all their sets and have a good time with it. It keeps them entertained for HOURS!