PDA

View Full Version : Train table

memedee
06-26-2005, 08:03 PM
How old was your child before they started to enjoy a train table and trains?
My 21 mos old gs does not seem that interested right now.
Is it a good two year old birthday present?

DebbieJ
06-27-2005, 12:12 AM
My 18 mo can't be bothered with the trains. We cleared it all off and now the table is used for Matchbox cars. :)

~ deb
DS 12/03
And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

JElaineB
06-27-2005, 08:30 AM
I didn't get DS any trains until he was 2. It took him a while to warm up to them. I got him more for Christmas (3 months later) and that is when he started to really get into them. I think they do make a good 2nd birthday present but if he isn't interested now I would start with a small configuation and build on it as time goes on. Also we don't have a train table at all. I'm sure they are nice if you have the room, but we really haven't missed it. DS enjoys building elaborate layouts on the floor.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

ett
06-27-2005, 10:27 AM
DS is 22 months and has really gotten into playing with trains the last several months. We don't have space for a train table and just play with ours on the floor. I think it would be a good 2 year old birthday present. However, since you're not sure whether he'll really enjoy it, start out with a small set. You can add more pieces if he gets more interested and if he never really gets into it, then it's not a big loss.

Before we took out our train set in our house, we brought DS to play with the train tables at Barnes and Noble and toy stores.

HTH.