PDA

View Full Version : Co-sleeper mattress size/extra mattress

Evasmom
06-27-2005, 11:49 AM
My husband, 6 mo-old baby and I will be moving this summer and need to put the baby's crib in storage for a couple of months. I'm planning to purchase a co-sleeper to use as a portable crib for a month or two, and will use the co-sleeper/bassinet option when we have baby #2. The dimensions for the original co-sleeper are supposed to be 28" x 40", but the co-sleeper sheets are 26" x 38." I'm thinking about ordering a custom 2" mattress to make the playard more comfortable for sleeping, but need to know the exact dimensions before ordering. Also, does anyone have a feeling one way or another if an additional mattress is even needed? Any comments would be appreciated.

dules
06-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Hi,

We used the Original Co-Sleeper (Arm's Reach) with the mattress that came with it. There are all sorts of warnings about having too soft a surface for baby to sleep on, and my DD never seemed to mind the firmness.

She also sleeps well in the Pack & Play with its included mattress.

You might check the Mothering Dot Commune forums for some other ideas. My DD stopped sleeping with us at 13 months, which was her decision! (By then of course she was in our bed with a rail as the cosleeper really doesn't work once a child can crawl or pull him/herself up to the edge).

Best,
Mary