PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Cotton Candy Machine or Snow Cone Machine?

jvorhis
06-27-2005, 01:05 PM
I saw these today at walmart and thought they would be fun for the kids at DD b-day party. Does anyone have any suggestions for brand or what I should look for.

Thanks

Raidra
06-28-2005, 09:12 AM
My parents just rented one of each for my sister's graduation party this past weekend. I'm not sure how much it cost them, or how much they cost at Walmart, so I don't know which would be cheaper, but it might be something you want to look into. They dropped the machines off with all the supplies we needed (except ice), showed us how to use them, and picked them up the next day. We did it a few years ago and they made us clean them, but this time they (different rental company) specifically told us not to clean them. It was super easy and everyone had a blast. The sno-cones did seem to be a bigger hit.. especially as the adults were flavoring theirs with alcoholic beverages. ;)

dawnsusan
07-16-2005, 11:12 AM
We have a Rival Snowcone Maker and LOVE IT!!!! We have had it for about 3 years and it just started to sound like the motor is dying. We used it about 3 times a week in the summer. I worked at a kitchen store and was able to try it before I bought it. It shaves the ice to perfect consistency for snow cones. We took it to my nieces and nephews birthday party and they loved making their own snowcone.

I think I paid about $30 and it was well worth it. I am most likely going to by a new one if ours is really dead.

Enjoy.