PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Fisher Price Healty Care High Chair

christymc33
07-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Is it worth it to buy the deluxe, or deluxe plus? What are the differences?
Looking at the Link A Do's, and all of the others....Please help me decide which one to get, which one do you have and why?
Also, where is the best place to order online?
Thanks in advance!!

lilycat88
07-05-2005, 04:11 PM
We have the Healthy Care Deluxe and I'm not sure what the Delux Plus even is. We do have the one with the dreaded ruffled cover and it's worked well for us. If I had the no ruffle option at the time we bought ours, I would have gone with that though. We have the wheels and again, it's worked well for us. We tend to move her chair around quite a bit based on who is eating dinner when and what we're doing. I consider the wheels a necessity for us.

My only advice about the chairs with all of the "stuff" on them for entertainment is to think about how you want to use your chair. We use her highchair for eating and eating only. (Actually, when she was 2-3 months old, we did strap her in her chair and wheel her over to the sink if we were working on dishes or something but as soon as solids started, it was eating only.) We had one toy attached to the tray and we removed it. We found it to be too much of a distration. If you are going to use the chair for a place for DC to play as well as eat, all of the stuff might be worth it. For us, it wasn't.

We got ours at Target or BRU so I'm not sure about online ordering.

Jamelin
DD Susanna 6/29/04
1st year stats - 31 inches tall, 24.5 lbs.

TahliasMom
07-05-2005, 04:45 PM
we got the regular one at Target last year. It was called funny butterfly or something, and had no ruffles!!! I think it's discontinued because I have not seen it lately. It has 2 trays, an annoying toy which we removed shortly, and no wheels. I have no issue with no wheels since the high chair pretty much stay in a nook in our little dinning room. 2 trays are sufficient enough, I actually just used one, the 2nd one is nice for backup. It's vinyl so easy to clean adn the tray is easy to remove. I would try to buy it locally because of the shipping cost.

bluestar2
07-05-2005, 05:21 PM
We have the regular one, with the ruffles and no wheels, and like it fine. It moves easily on the linoleum floor when we do need to move it, which isn't very often. We also use it for eating only so no toys. The large trays are nice to have, cover easy to clean (I would have preferred no ruffles but it's not that big a deal) and can toss it in the wash once in awhile. It's also very stable since DD likes to climb into it herself.

deannanb
07-05-2005, 09:57 PM
We have the linkado one that has one toy attached to the side - ours has wheels, which I like. It makes it easy to move DS away from the table to undo the tray.

I do use the toy as well as other small washable toys right now. DS is 8 months old and is just starting to eat more food. I want to eat and not have to hold him at the same time, so if a few toys will help him sit longer in the chair then it works.

I think that the chairs with the toys that cover the entire tray would be a pain for us because DS likes to move food around on his tray - causing a mess - so I think the large toy would just end up sitting on table or not get used at all.

vdrake71
07-07-2005, 12:49 PM
I actually have the regular one also. We bought it from Target and it has the butterflies. Ours does not have the wheels and we only have one tray. We only move it maybe 3 feet so the wheels were not necessary and I did not see the need for all of the trays.

MEEandBaby2B
07-07-2005, 02:07 PM
We registered for the Jungle Plaid one at BRU. I think it is one of the Deluxes. It has wheels, one small attached toy and a vinyl seat with no ruffles. We also registered for the extra trays so we could just put them all in the diswasher. The only think that this one doesn't have that the Linkadoos one has is a basket for storing baby food jars, etc., 2 additional trays and one additional small attached toy. To me the lower price and absence of ruffles (e.g. food magnet) make this one the better choice. I also prefer the more subdued fabric color.